Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Code 8007ee7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 uncfingers

uncfingers

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

:thumbsup: Hi all i am having problems getting onto the internet ..the computer opens up to the desktop screen but the msn wont load in and i get an error message code 8oo7ee7 dns appears unable to resolve ip addresses...i t is getting very frustrating please can anyone help..i am running xp home many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

Possible explaination:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...16142352AA5x2z8
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 uncfingers

uncfingers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

:thumbsup: hi have looked at the link that you gave me and done what it said looked at the network details and the dns address is the same as the gateway and the same as the ip address so i am not sure what to do now ..any suggestions thanks

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

Try these fixes:

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.

Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.

Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot. Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 uncfingers

uncfingers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:32 AM

:thumbsup: i found out what the prob was why i was getting the error code it was my wireless router..i hve been told that it needs the settings changed so that it can recieve the signal from the modem properly...any suggestions please on how to do this much appreciated... :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users