Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worm.win.32.net.booster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamesb9898

jamesb9898

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hey guys I just recently got infected with this Worm.Win.32.Net.Booster and I have tried many things to fix it. I have run AVG, AdAware, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, and have removed and quaruntined everything that they came back with. I also ran SDFix but nothing seems to be working. I am no longer getting the popups or anything but my clock is still all messed up and reads "VIRUS ALERT!" When I hit the start menu there is only a few things there and it has no "program" menu, control panel, or any of that stuff; all I have is recently opened programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

Hello ,have all your logs came back clean on thier last run? I take it this is an XP PC.

If so see posts 11 & 12 here...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry837734

If not do posts 5 & 7 first and post the logs please.

Edited by boopme, 28 May 2008 - 10:15 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jamesb9898

jamesb9898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:26 AM

Thanks I went back and did posts 5 and 7 just like you said and that seemed to take care of most the problem. I then searched for the file in post 11 but found nothing so I fixed my clock with post 12 and everything seems to be working fine. Now my problem is I have an all white background and it wont let me change it to anything else?!?! In addition i lost the the "blue Windows style" appearance on my taskbar. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

Please post the results of the scan log from MBAM. The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

To fix the restrictions put in place by this infection, please download this zip file and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) the file, RIGHT CLICK on VArestorepolicies.inf and select Install from the Context menu.
  • Then log off or reboot to apply the changes.
This will set the display in the Start menu to Windows default. It will also delete some policies which you may have set yourself previously.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Display. Click on the "Desktop" tab, then the "Customize Desktop..." button.
Click on the "Web" tab, then under Web Pages, uncheck and delete everything you find (except "My Current Home page").
Also, make sure the Lock desktop items box is unchecked. Click "Ok", then "Apply" and "Ok".

Edited by quietman7, 31 May 2008 - 07:16 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users