Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 synchronism

synchronism

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

My taskbar has gone all weird all of a sudden. I've tried everything to get it back to normal but I have had no luck.

Also, my internet has gone real slow along with my computer perfomance.
When I create a new tab in IE, the whole page crashes and I get the "Not responding" window.
I am unable to gain acces to my Task Manger by Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
I don't know what the hell is happening, it has never been like this before. It's been fine until now.

Here are some screenshots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

Do a thorough check for malware...to at least eliminate that possibility.

Louis

#3 synchronism

synchronism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

I ran a scan on AVG and I have a bunch of Tracking Cookies and trojans. One of the trojans was a "backdoor" one.
I have ran the scan a few times now and each time i scan, something comes up. I delete them, restart my computer then scan again. They keep coming back.

Also, I have VCOM Fix-It Suite, and I am getting pop ups from them saying I have a trojan. There are a few of them, the path location is different each time.

I can no longer browse the internet on my account. I've had to switch to another account to access the internet to type this.

#4 StandardsDT

StandardsDT

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

I ran a scan on AVG and I have a bunch of Tracking Cookies and trojans. One of the trojans was a "backdoor" one.
I have ran the scan a few times now and each time i scan, something comes up. I delete them, restart my computer then scan again. They keep coming back.

Also, I have VCOM Fix-It Suite, and I am getting pop ups from them saying I have a trojan. There are a few of them, the path location is different each time.

I can no longer browse the internet on my account. I've had to switch to another account to access the internet to type this.

If this is a occurring download Spybot Search and Destroy, apply all updates, and then run it. Remove everything and then download HijackThis, run the scan (Do Not Check Mark Anything!) and post the log file over in the HijackThis forum. Some one will be able to help you further over there with your malware/spyware/adware problem :thumbsup: .

#5 synchronism

synchronism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

Ok thanks, will do. =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users