Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up A Network? & Getting Rid Of A Workgroup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kat91119

Kat91119

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

I got a new computer. One has wireless, although I do not have internet through it, and the other isn't. I want to transfer my files from the old computer to the new computer. Silly me tried making a network, and now I have no clue what I did to the thing. I should have read up on it more, but I thought the wizard would do everything for me.

Now I have no clue how to get rid of these connections, or how to make them work if that is even possible. People have said in other places that you can't delete or edit the workgroup, and others have said it goes away on its own.

I just want to make sure I'm not allowing internet users or neighbors access into my computer files.

On top of that I'd love to know the easiest way for me to transfer my files from the old computer to the new...without buying a flashdrive or anything like that. I hear its as simple as getting a USB cord and connecting the two. But what kind do I need? and how do I do that?

Would it just be easier to restore my computer to the factory settings since i have yet to really do anything with it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users