Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious Windows Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlueEyedFox

BlueEyedFox

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

I have strange problems. Its hard to explain I will be using my computer fine and than I will be unable to right click and when i try to open task manager I get the error sound This happens to applications at random Its happend to Internet Explorer, AOL, Ventrilo

So basically, Ventrilo will be open and I wont be able to right click or open task manager unless I close it. but, THis is not specific programs its programs at random. AOL is the worse I get that

"An AOL error has occured blah blah close and restart" message where its like impossible to stop and you cant close AOL, which happens every now and than but his is frequent, when this happens I have to restart my computer -Manually

What could this be?

Corrupted Windows Files?

What should I do?

I am pretty sure its not Malware becuase Malware does not act like this. I run Comodo Firewall Pro with Avira AntiVir and SUPER Anti Spyware so I think it would be safe. I will run a full system scan just to be sure I guess.

Update:
Comodo Built in Malware Scanner- Nothing
SUPER Anti Spyware- Some tracking cookies
MalwareBytes- Detecting the uninstllation file of a mulitplayer mod of San Andreas as Trojan.Vundo False Positive? Help. Link
Avira AntiVir- Detect Trojan Zlob in System Volume Restore and Quartined it

Begin scan in 'C:\'
C:\pagefile.sys
[WARNING] The file could not be opened!
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{9A6068A2-0202-455A-9D9A-B06F9C9E4608}\RP24\A0004039.exe
[DETECTION] Is the Trojan horse TR/Zlob.5450
[NOTE] The file was moved to '486dc533.qua'!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

I think I'd stat by uninstalling obvious candidates and then reinstalling same and updating: Ventrilo, AOL.

Uninstalling/reinstalling should work around possible file corruption issues in those 2, while updating would cover any incompatibility issues that might relate to outdated versions.

Louis

#3 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

MalwareBytes- Detecting the uninstllation file of a mulitplayer mod of San Andreas as Trojan.Vundo False Positive? Help. Link
Avira AntiVir- Detect Trojan Zlob in System Volume Restore and Quartined it

I don't know, you seem to be pretty well protected, but this is quite often how malware acts...I mean by causing you not to have access to the task manager....AOL not working right....MalwareBytes showing signs of Vundo would definately make me feel that I am infected...Internet Explorer problems...Computer behaving badly...Maybe it's me but I probably would check these things out...Try posting in the "Am I infected, What do I do now" forum in the security section and see what the experts have to say.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#4 BlueEyedFox

BlueEyedFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Everything is latest version. I honestly dont think its specific programs. It can be ANYTHING. Its more like a Windows problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users