Do you have any firewalls or any other protection against malware installed?
I used to have this promblem too,everytime when i close a tab the whole computer stops responding and then i have to end task it. There are several reasons why this may occur.
1. you have too much running programs on your computer.
2. your iexplore.exe is taking alot memory usage.
3. some kind of promblem (maybe malware).
Renable tabs browsing and see if that works.
- Go to Tools
- Internet Options
- look for the tabs under the General tab and click settings
- then uncheck the box that says "Enable Tabbed Browsing"
- click Ok
- Then restart Internet explorer
- Do the same process again except the second time check the box that says Enable Tabbed Browsing
I would also run some scans just to make sure.
Edited by extremeboy, 28 May 2008 - 07:18 PM.