Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Here From Beautiful Downtown Fairbanks, Ak

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fairbanks millwright

fairbanks millwright

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:06 AM

I'm a millwright working out of Local 1501 here in Alaska and I rely alot on my laptop when I travel around to diferent jobs through out the year. I've been surfing through this web site for several hours, trying to get a feel for it and am still somewhat lost. I had a trojan on my machine 2 days ago and it seems that I got rid of it by recognizing part of the file name and deleting it with Hijack this. I'm really not too sure what I'm looking at in the main panel after doing a scan and need alittle help in finding my way to the place to post the results for some one else to decipher.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:15 AM

The place to start is here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Be sure to preface the log with information about what virus it was, and if possible, what you removed. Our team of volunteers have the expertise and experience needed to correctly interpret the HJT log data, as well as the most efficient procedures to remove whatever it finds.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 fairbanks millwright

fairbanks millwright
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Thanks, I was up til 3 am wandering thru the archives of this web site. I have always loved taking things apart and putting them back together correctly. Due to this glitch in my character, I have to know what's going on "under the hood" of my laptop. I find it unacceptable to allow others to access my computer without my knowledge.

Scott

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Rest assured, no one helping you will want to access your computer, and all communication will be through forum posts and replies with instructions for steps you need to take.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 fairbanks millwright

fairbanks millwright
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:02 AM

I didn't mean anyone on this site when I said " find it unacceptable to allow others to access my computer with out my knowledge". That statement was directed towards spyware, maleware, and virus creators.

Thanks,

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users