Welcome to Bleeping Computer
First, I must say that ComboFix
is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer.
If you no longer have access to your Internet connection after running ComboFix, then try to reboot your computer. This step alone should fix the vast majority of issues with no Internet connection after running ComboFix. If you still do not have an Internet connection after rebooting then please perform the following steps:
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on the Settings menu option.
3. Click on the Control Panel option.
4. When the Control Panel opens, double-click on the Network Connections icon. If your Control Panel is set to Category View, then double-click on Network and Internet Connections and then click on Network Connections at the bottom.
5. You will now see a list of available network connections. Right-click on the connection for your Wireless or Lan adapter and right-click on it.
6. Click on the Repair menu option.
If no joy and you continue to connectivity problems,WinSock XP Fix
can can cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or modifications of the Winsock settings.
Sometimes your Internet connectivity will get corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries.
Or you can try WinSock2 Fix
, if that fix didn't work.
When you run either one it, click on ReG-Backup button first, to backup the registry, and then click on the Fix button.