Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

Well just recently my taskbar tab things that show my windows that are up/minimized have gotten realy short, or small, like all bunched up, how do i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

How many do you have open at a time? If you have enough open they will start squeezing together and get smaller.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

Well is is all small at one, i usualy have 3 things up tho, plenty rom on my taskbar tho

#4 78651214

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Take a screen shot (Press Print Screen on keyboard, then go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint, click Edit > Paste, File > Save) then upload to imageshack.us or some other site. Then link it here so we can actually see what the problem is which you want to solve.

#5 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

well i do know how to take a screenshot...
Posted Image
I use windowblinds so thats how i got the theme (i use xp home)

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

Have you tried right clicking on the taskbar and unchecking the lock the taskbar option. you may see a bar next to your open window, drag this bar to the notification tray.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

no, the bar isnt there... i meen i can have a lot of windows up and fill it up, its just annyoing that they are so small with only a few up

#8 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

so is there anyway to fix this??

#9 78651214

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

Disable the quick launch toolbar on Taskbar. Right click Taskbar then click Toolbars and uncheck Quick Launch. Restart your computer and enable the Quick Launch. See if that helps. If that doesn't then search for a file named,

taskbaricons.vbs

Should be somewhere in your Windows directory. Open it in a text editor then look for the line that says,

MinWidth = -315

-315 being the value. Increase/Decrease it, play around with it and see if it solves your problem. Do restart after changing the value though. I am not sure if it will work without restart.

#10 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

i tried this... it isnt a registrey error so now im realy confused. is there anyway to force it to revert to normal?

#11 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

well i found if i rightclick onj my desktop, push properties, and click on the little v and click windows xp (even though its already selected) and push ok then it will be fixed... until i reboot... is there a way to make this change perminant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users