Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound In Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ferrari51592

ferrari51592

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hi, i dont know what is wrong because there is no sound in internet explorer or in firefox, but media windows player works fine with music, what could i do?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

I don't know about firefox but for internet explorer, click on tools tab...select internet options...select advanced tab...cursor down to Multi-media and check box Play Sounds in web pages..OK

See if that helps.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:11 PM

no it didn't help what else could it be

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

From what you are saying...You can play Music via WMP or CD's and you can hear it...but you can't hear sounds or music through your browsers...Leads me to believe that some setting...somewhere...is HOSED...

You might try to "repair" or un-install/re-install the browsers from the Add/Remove program and see if that helps. I would try them one at a time.

I'm kinda' lost from this point...Sorry...

#5 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

what version of Internet explorer are you running? find it by going to help then to about internet explorer. If your still running version 5 or possibly 6 there may be problems that patches may fix from the microsoft download center. make sure all your windows updates have been up to this point and then upgrade IE to version 7. that will set all settings to new defaults and voila! all set.

ps - get rid of firefox

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

#6 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

how do i un install internet explorer?

#7 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

What is your Operating System XP, Vista, or other? If it is XP what service pack do you have installed? If you have SP3 installed this will be a problem...

#8 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

If you have XP SP1 or SP2 you can un-install using the Add/Remove in the control panel. If you have XP SP3 it will require some more work...

#9 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

Hi guys i thought i got it to work when i installed internet explorer 7, but then i installed avg, spybot and comoda firewall and now neither the internet or the windows media player works when i try to play a file in media player a window comes up saying " Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly." the speakers were working fine befor so i don't know why it messed up, i'm running service pack 2 on xp pro, if that helps any
thanks for the help guys

#10 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

Go into the device manager and click the "+" in front of sound, video, and game controllers...Look for any yellow !'s or red X's...

Start>Run>type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes">OK

#11 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

hi there is a yellow ! on "Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/ProMeda" , under the "Display Adapters" what should i do to fix this

thanks

Edited by ferrari51592, 31 May 2008 - 10:02 AM.

#12 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

You have several choices...Update, Roll-back, or Un-install then re-boot and let windows find it.

You can also go to the computer manufacturers website and download drivers from there...Probably the best choice...Just make sure to download the correct driver for the device and operating system...example: Vista drivers may or may not work for XP...

I don't know if that conflict is causing your problem as you described it as a "display device" and you have a sound problem but it needs to be fixed anyway...

Edited by douglas martin, 31 May 2008 - 11:07 AM.

#13 ferrari51592

ferrari51592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

what is a good website to download drivers from?
thanks

#14 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

The maker of your computer would be the best bet... If it is a custom made unit...you would need to go to the manufacturer of the device itself..

If it's a Dell go to Dell support...and so on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users