Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Switched Xp Home To Xp Professional

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sportman32922

sportman32922

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

im having a problem..i switched my windows xp home edition for windows professional, during the switch i cant seem to get my computer to download the driver disk and my wifi doesnt work anymore..im hoping this is due to my drivers not being downloaded. it tells me that my local area connection is disabled...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 sportman32922

sportman32922
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

yes i have question marks on other devices, multimedia audio controller, network controller, pci flash memory, pci modem, video controller

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

Topic reopened at members request as this is a different computer from one being worked with in HJT forum.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

yes i have question marks on other devices, multimedia audio controller, network controller, pci flash memory, pci modem, video controller

You should update the drivers for these devices. What's the make and model number of your computer?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 sportman32922

sportman32922
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

well i have a hp pavalion zd 7000 but i changed it from home edition to windows xp professional media center edition..out of a hp pavalion dv8000

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:30 PM

You can download the drivers for the HP Pavilion zd7000 CTO Notebook from the following website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...8894&dlc=en

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

Just curious sportman, why change from Home to Pro?
There is very little difference between the 2, but of course there are those that will argue the point.
I use both, or I should say I have them both installed on separate drives, but I use Home all the time.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/how.../choosing2.mspx

Most if not all features not included in Home that are included in Pro are now available to install in the Home version, especially since the release of Vista and SP3.

Just food for thought.

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users