Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Protected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flashystunnaboy

flashystunnaboy

• Banned
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

i am currently using mcafee security center, i also have windows defender, i also have, spyware terminator, they are all updated and have real time protection, is that good enuff protection :thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by flashystunnaboy, 28 May 2008 - 08:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

Hello,

You do have a good ammount of protection there, but sometimes even all of those products may miss something. There is no way to be 100% safe and secure online, but by having some layers of protection you will reduce your chances of getting infected.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

Even though you have a set of security applications, and keep them updated, to rely on these to keep you protected will not be fool-proof unless you yourself are an extremely cautious internet user and have an understanding of what situations you should avoid.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

Agree with what jgweed said.
Bottom line is you need to have 1 anti-virus program, a firewall, and at least 1 anti-spyware program(I usually have 2 just to be safe).
Also be careful when using the internet. I suggust you read here for some excellent tips:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54805/safety-tips-keeping-children-safe-on-the-internet/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75445/suggested-safe-practices/

Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 3xist

3xist

• Banned
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:47 AM

Safe Surfing Habits & Common Sense adds alot to protection. I think you should add SUPERAntispyware 4 Free to your arsenal.

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users