Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music Playing, No Sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Al3L

Al3L

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

i'm having problem with my SOUND. A few couple of weeks ago, i reboot my computer. From Window Xp Home to Xp Pro sp3. I then found out everything esle on the computer work but NO SOUND.

the problem is. i can play music in Window Media Player but can't hear anything coming from the speaker.
i try mosly everything. check the Volume, un-install, reinstall the Sound Device, download a new copy of SigmaTel Audio off Dell.com. when i first install the copy i download from dell.com, the music or sound will than play for like one time.

for exsample.

I click the music in window Media player, it'll play and the sound will come out of the speaker, but once i stop it and click PLAY again. the song will play but no sound come out of the speaker.

I click on sound and audio devices properties, Under Sound - Program Events - I click on some of the wav. and press play
a error will come up and it say ... Window cannot play the %systemRoot%/media/window Xp error.Wav file. It may be damged or may not be a valid sound file. Replace the file and try again.

Under sound and audio devices properties - Audio, The Sound playback list - SigmaTel Audio, Which mean i know i have a sound device on my computer.

i'm running on a Dell Dimension E310.

Any reply will Help.

Thanks for Reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Try replacing the driver again. I'd try this one first
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/
If that doesn't work then try this one
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/
The instructions for installation are on the bottom of both links

Edited by garmanma, 27 May 2008 - 06:24 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users