Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download & Installing HijackThis.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CTE

CTE

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:53 PM

I need to install HijackThis so I can get help with some things. What is the best way to do so to insure the creation of logs, backup of all logs, and all restore functions in HijackThis? For now all I want to do is run a scan and post it in the forum, however I wish to insure there will be no problems with using it then. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:58 PM

Visit this link and read the pinned topics. They will inform you of all that you need to know. :thumbsup:

HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum
Posted Image

#3 CTE

CTE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:03 PM

Thank you Scarlett for your reply, however that is the forum you post the scan you take w/hijackthis. You post a copy of the log so they can assist you. Can anyone help me w/this?

#4 DeCipher

DeCipher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

Use this tutorial. It will show you how to install HijackThis and post the log.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-post-a-hijackthis-log/

Keith
Posted Image

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:33 PM

scarlett was refering you to the pinned post, in that forum.
The ones at the top, in bold text.

Also, check out this post:

Unzip HijackThis/Make a shortcut, Important How-To's
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 CTE

CTE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

Scarlett, You are correct and I was wrong, I did not read fully your post. I apologize to you.

Thanks for the additional replies also.

#7 CTE

CTE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Excellent and a Big thanks to you tg1911. Everything is good to go & have the shortcut on the desktop. Once again to all of you THANK YOU.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:38 PM

Your welcome.
Glad, to be of help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users