Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changein F Keys On A Program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kevin500

kevin500

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:02 AM

Ok i got a program, it was made for command and conqure mission mode but the f keys arnt really suitable how do i change the program so i can change the f keys into other keys. also there is one that increases the speed of the game for the borein bits but itgo's too fast how can i modife the speed. im curious how to do it =o

Edited by kevin500, 27 May 2008 - 08:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

What program would that be?

#3 kevin500

kevin500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

What program would that be?

Its a trainer (posably made by cheat engine?), i just want to work out how to change the f keys into somethin like...
ctrl+p ctrl+l instead of f1 f2 etc
I heard best way is to use a hex editer. i used one but i cant find the part which is the shortcut on the trainer
i heard like f6- is 16 in hex value but thereis so many 16's in thre x.x
how do i find the shortcuts in the code?

Edited by kevin500, 27 May 2008 - 12:33 PM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Unless the application has remapping capabilities built directly into it, you are going to have a very difficult time. Assuming that you are dealing with code that has been compiled into an executable, the correlation that you are looking for isn't going to exist. This is known as reversing, or cracking, an existing application, and it is not something that is easily taught. There are many other websites that deal with this topic; bleeping computer is not one of them. However, many game trainers/cheat engines are open source, which means that one is freely available to alter them as they see fit, providing they can get the source code. Otherwise, in most cases, reversing software is illegal, and is not something we can help you with.

#5 kevin500

kevin500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

Unless the application has remapping capabilities built directly into it, you are going to have a very difficult time. Assuming that you are dealing with code that has been compiled into an executable, the correlation that you are looking for isn't going to exist. This is known as reversing, or cracking, an existing application, and it is not something that is easily taught. There are many other websites that deal with this topic; bleeping computer is not one of them. However, many game trainers/cheat engines are open source, which means that one is freely available to alter them as they see fit, providing they can get the source code. Otherwise, in most cases, reversing software is illegal, and is not something we can help you with.

so in order to change the shortcuts in this trainer i will need the source for the trainer, and a hex editer is posable but would take too long?

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

A hex editor is possible if you knew exactly what you were looking for, but in order to do that, you need to know exactly which part of the program controls the key mappings, and you can't do that just by looking at the hex code. You need to decompile the executable, step through the decompiled assembly code, find the section that deals with the keys, find the associated hex code, find the hex code in the executable, and then change it. Or alter the decompiled code, properly link all of the libraries, and then recompile the executable. This is not something you learn how to do in a day.

There is no need to quote my posts. All you need to do is hit the reply button. I know what I typed, and the people that just read it did also; no reason to make people read things twice. :thumbsup:

#7 kevin500

kevin500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

normaly when i see quotes from other people i just look up the name and abit of the text to see what the person is quotein so you know what bit they are speakin about. they might be speakin about a part in earlyer convo. i dont read it all and i didnt think everyone else did either.

Thanks for your help i have good knowledge of hex editing i made english patch's for japanese games just a few things that i need to learn like shortcuts thanks again for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users