Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Adsl Modem Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yvsmadhav

yvsmadhav

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

I have installed Ubuntu on my pc. I am unable to connect to the broadband using A Huawei SmartAx MT882 ADSl broadband modem since the requite dirver support is not available. Unlike in Windows where the driver was provided with the modem package, there is none for Ubuntu.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:07 AM

Just a thought but shouldn't the modem be able to output VIA ethernet cable. That would be faster/simpler. This would also allow you to go from your modem to a router to your computer which would be safer.
CompTIA A+ certified

#3 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

That's a 10-4, I cant setup a router, yet but, My bud did it this way. I have yet to setup Email in umbutu. Dont know how to do that yet either, any help is appreciated, Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users