Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.win32.hupigon.burx

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hello everyone,

After updating "a squared", I did a quick scan. Well This: Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.burx got picked up on the scan! I had, "a squared" quarantine it! What kind of program is it? Is it a virus,spyware, or something else?

I tried looking it up on the internet, to see if there was anything on it there. But nothing came up. So it has to be relatively new! Or else there probably would be information on it already on the internet!

I know I should delete it! But, Is there a way to trace how it got into or onto my computer? Then trace it back to who put it there? I know it is possible. But very very highy unlikely! Just curious!

If you need more information just ask me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

I have just updated MY a2 and got my 'normal' warnings

if memory serves you have both superantispyware and malawarebytes on there?
suggest fully update BOTH , reboot; run super on a full computer scan in safe mode and malawarebyts also on a FULL scan in NORMAL mode; see what they find?

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:41 AM

Hello ruby1

I did update all of my antivirus and antimalware programs and did quick scans! That is how the "a squared" picked up that! I did quick scans with the other programs and they did not come up with anything! But, I was going to do full/deep scans today with all of the programs! I was just waiting to see what was suggested or recommended here!

I will let you know what else, if anything, shows up!

Matt

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

from my 'experiece' a2 has a habit of producing 'false possitives'

I was told on one of my scans I had a trojan etc ; since more updates THAT 'warning' has gone !!!!
I 'know' my computer ; I ran FULL system scans will ALL my updated programs and came up clean

I do not know your computer but try this ;when you run your a2 scan and click on any OF the scan results go to what the google search says

HOWEVER you do NOT want to 'overlook' a real infection so rescan DEEPLY and see what those results are?

PS; DO take a system restore point NOW.......................... just in case :thumbsup:

#5 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hello ruby1

I did the full scan in safe mode with SUPERAntiSpyware Free and did a Full scan in normal mode with malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, And nothing showed up except cookies on the SUPER scan. I also did a Spybot S&D Scan to see what it would turn up as well. That only turned up the cookies. I will try a deep scan or full scan with a squared to see what that turns up.

I still have that suspected malware in quarantine with "a sqaure". I will provide the file that it was found in. Maybe that might help to determine if it is a false positive or not!

Here is were it was found: C:\Program Files\Dell Games\Polar Bowler\Polar.exe It mentions the risk level as high!

I will run a squared in full scan or deep scan after I get done here! Then I will see what that comes up with. I will also create a system restore point! I just updated "a squared" and will run the scan after I close all programs except "a squared"! I saved a copy of the suspect malware file to my log file to see if it picks it up! It should!!

Talk to you soon!

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

try this ;as the a2 scan runs it shows you what it finds?

Posted Image

what you need to do is; see my screan shot; click on the BOLD line on your entry and it will take you to the web for info ON the specific entry

in MY entries I know to what they relate ; try that?

#7 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

Hello ruby1

I ran the "a squared" on deep scan/full scan and nothing was picked up except cookies!

So what should I do now? I guess the malware program is still quarantined. Should I have "a squared" delete it?

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users