Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Cache Is Full

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John in Oman

John in Oman

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

When accessing gmail in my 24hr old HP Compaq (Vista of course) I was told that my cache was full. On checking the discs, one has 70% free but the other only 10%. How can I rectify this please? Must be an awful lot of unwanted on this disc.

Thanks, John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

Hi John

Try this for your particular browser
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8840

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 John in Oman

John in Oman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:08 AM

Thanks Rob will do.

All the best, John.

#4 John in Oman

John in Oman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 371 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:31 AM

The trouble is Rob I have only had this comp since yesterday and can't find the right tools section. Where do i start to look please? I am so used to XPPro!

#5 iSIKH

iSIKH

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

What browser are you using? if internet explorer go to tools browsing history and delete all but if you have saved passwords you do not want to delete....delete each one individually except passwords

#6 ncgenek

ncgenek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

IMO, it is difficult to believe your browser (or any other) cache is full IF your Computer has only been used for 24 hours. It sounds as if you have been afflicted with some form of virus or malware. What anti-virus do you use? What is your anti-spyware program? Have you fully updated Vista? Have you fully updated all the programs on that new Computer? If not, do so then scan your Computer with the anti-virus first followed by the anti-spyware program.
Gene K

#7 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:21 AM

Good advice there John.

You must have one good antivirus and at least one antispyware. My preferences are for Avast and SuperAntispyware together with ThreatFire. If I suspect a problem, I go with MS Live OneCare scan in the first instance (the Full Service Scan).
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah
but there are quite a number of good online scans available.

It is also a good idea to go to your control panel here at BC and fill in all the details you can about your computer - helps everyone to give you the right advice.

I can sympathise about the Vista, LOL. I have 2 Vista laptops, a Compaq and an Acer Aspire but still do everything I can on the XP desktop. I find the differences infuriating - very user unfriendly.

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users