My name is Billy O'Neal
and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine)
We apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
If you still would like help, please follow the following instructions: Please run Deckard's System Scanner again, this time using these instructions:
(In the event you lost your copy, you can download a new one from here: Deckard's System Scanner
)NextPlease do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
In your next reply, please make sure the following reports are present:
- Please visit the Kaspersky Online Scanner website.
Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
- Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Also, please post the logs in the textbox as part of the post, rather than attaching them.
- The Kaspersky scan report
- DSS's Main.txt
- DSS's Extra.txt
- My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)