Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connected To Internet But...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

Well my freinds vista laptop that i reinstalled vista on connects to the internet but the browser wont show any webpages (tried opera, ie, and firefox). Limewire on it can still download stuff but the browsers still wont work. How do i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

maybe if you can tell us what the problem WAS with the vista computer and why Windows needed reinstalling and from what you did the reinstalation ???
was it a new computer under warranty ?
one might suggest you give the computer a chance to work 'normally' and remove limewire and other P2P programs ; suggest get it back on its feet first :huh:

#3 joeeyyboyy

joeeyyboyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

the computer got a virus on it keeping it from prettymuch doing anything, so i reinstalled vista and all of the drivers. I removed all 3rd party software and p2p software, restarted, and it didnt fix anything... thanks a lot for me deleting stuff i wanted

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:55 AM

may one ask what the infection on it was and from where obtained?

one assumes you reformatted and reinstalled the OS from a known clean cd with licence key ?and you are aware that the key can only be used on the same ONE computer ?

I removed all 3rd party software and p2p software,

thanks a lot for me deleting stuff i wanted

you are of course aware that P2P programs are NOT an essential part OF a windows installation and ARE a means OF infections getting TO a computer?

does the computer actually HAVE the browsers installed and if so do they attempt to load?
have you reconfigured the firewall?

and what antivirus program if any is on there now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users