Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.agent.aiqf (i Think)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 don_s

don_s

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hi there.

About a week ago I was infected with a new exe file that appeared on my c/windows/user drive: "svchosts.exe" (that's "svchostS.exe" with an "S"). I did a scan of my computer using my bitdefender software and no viruses turned up. I googled "SVCHOSTS.EXE" and discovered it was a trojan.

Around this time strange symptoms started appearing on my computer (more on this in a moment). I contacted bitdefender's support team, sent them the file as they requested, they analyzed it, and a day or so later an update to BitDefender seemed to trap and remove the trojan.

Unfortunately, none of the symptoms of the infection seemed to go away. A few hours later I ran another scan and found a trojan -- trojan.agent.aiqf -- in C:\SystemVolumeInformation\_restore{long set of numbers]\A0047939.exe.

BitDefender once again trapped this file and deleted it. But the symptoms of the infection seem to persist. The thing is, I'm now not sure if there's something buried in my computer that BitDefender can't find/trap. I'm obviously infected by something, but I don't know what it is.

Here are the symptoms:

1. my cpu keeps running up to 100% then stalling

2. every time I try to print a document to PDF (using acrobat) my computer crashes (it just so happens that my work involves me doing a LOT of that kind of printing).

3. here's the most obvious symptom: a bubble keeps appearing in my taskbar telling me that autoupdates are available for my computer. When I saw this the first time I thought it was strange because I'd turned off autoupdates (I update manually). That being the case, I navigated to:

CONTROL PANEL > MSN SECURITY CENTRE > AUTOUPDATES,

and the screen where I choose to turn updates on and off has been greyed out. I can't turn the autoupdates on or off, and I can't run updates manually.

4. my SYSTEM RESTORE has been turned off (default setting is on). I'm not sure if I can turn SYSTEM RESTORE back on because I don't know if doing so will restore me back to the state in which I had the virus in the first place. I assume -- given the fact that I found a trojan within the \_restore folder that I cannot turn the system restore back on without reinfecting my computer.

5. I can't run "regedit" to look at my registry. I get a warning telling me that regedit has been turned off by the administrator, but I'm the administrator and I haven't turned it off.

6. I can no longer clear my HISTORY or my TEMP folders from Internet Explorer. Every time I choose TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > GENERAL, and run "clean temp files" and "clear history", I get a response telling me the folders have been cleaned, but when I navigate to C":\Documents and Settings\USER" and view the temp folder or the history folder, the files are still present.

I ran a HiJackThis scan this morning, and I'll post the file below. I did NOT run the Deckard Scan because I noticed in the tutorial that doing so creates a new restore point, and I'm worried about returning to an infected restore point. Anyway, here's the HiJackThis log. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a million,

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:34:43 AM, on 26/05/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Desktop\security\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\svchost.exe"
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EE3612DC-2588-11DD-9B1D-A99356D89593} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat
O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDAgent] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: update.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: update.exe
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {78AF2F24-A9C3-11D3-BF8C-0060B0FCC122} (AcDcToday Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3\AcDcToday.ocx
O16 - DPF: {F281A59C-7B65-11D3-8617-0010830243BD} (AcPreview Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3\AcPreview.ocx
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - BitDefender SRL - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - BitDefender S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - BitDefender - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--
End of file - 6356 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hello don_s

Welcome to the BleebingComputer HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal Forum.
My name is Zivinomir and i'll be helping you to fix your problems. Please give me some time to look it over and I will be back to you as soon as possible.

Please consider the following:
  • I'm still in training here at BleepingComputer. However, I'll be working under the direct supervision of one of our Malware Experts. Any recommendations will first be approved before being given to you. Because of this, there may be a short delay in getting our responses to you. However be assured that we will be working diligently on your problem.
  • Before going through the cleaning process if you have any doubt about the listed procedures PLEASE don't hesitate to ask. No question is considered dump here at BleepingComputer.
With Regards,
Zivinomir
No goal is worthy of our time and effort if all we are going to get out of it is an end result.
If I have been helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

#3 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Zivinomir. I appreciate all the help you can give. I'll be here (i'm on this computer 24/7).

Don.

#4 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hello again Don and thanks for your patient.

A. First of all, Your Computer has been infected with a Backdoor:
  • A Backdoor is a software program that gives an attacker unauthorized access to a machine and the means for remotely controlling the machine without the user's knowledge. A Backdoor compromises system integrity by making changes to the system that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes unknown to the user.
If your computer was used for online banking or has credit card information on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for email, eBay and forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one,if not an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breech.

Since your computer was compromised read:
How to report ID theft, fraud, drive-by installs, hijacking and malware:
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall:
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

B. Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.
alternate download site

DSS will do the following:
  • Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
  • Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
  • Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
  • Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.
You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.
  • If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
    malicious.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:
    • main.txt <- this one will be maximized
    • extra.txt <- this one will be minimized
  • If not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.
  • Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.
-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.

Note: You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

C. Download SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
  • In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the script.
  • It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.
  • When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt (Note: Has been created in C:\SDFix\Report.txt ) in your next reply please.

D. Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. (This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only)Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

E. Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Accept Button

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Summary:
  • In your next reply please provide me with:1. Contents of the results file main.txt & extra.txt (Note: Have been created in C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder)
    2. Contents of the results file Report.txt (Note: Has been created in C:\SDFix\Report.txt )
    3. Kaspersky Online Scanner Report.
Note: The text from these files may exceed the maximum post length for this forum, and may need to be sent over 2 or more posts. Please ensure all text is posted.

With Regards,
Zivinomir
No goal is worthy of our time and effort if all we are going to get out of it is an end result.
If I have been helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

#5 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hi Zivinomir...

I ran Deckard but it only created one file in my c:\deckard folder: "main.txt".

I searched my computer for "extra.txt" but didn't fine one.

I'm posting "main.txt" below and continuing with your other instructions.
(by the way: thanks for your info on "backdoors". Thankfully, I don't store anything valuable on this computer. whew!).

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by DennisFanti on 2008-05-27 15:55:59
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- HijackThis (run as DennisFanti.exe) -----------------------------------------

Scan saved at 3:56:27 PM, on 27/05/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\DENNIS~1\Desktop\security\DennisFanti.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\svchost.exe"
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EE3612DC-2588-11DD-9B1D-A99356D89593} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat
O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDAgent] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: update.exe
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {78AF2F24-A9C3-11D3-BF8C-0060B0FCC122} (AcDcToday Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3\AcDcToday.ocx
O16 - DPF: {F281A59C-7B65-11D3-8617-0010830243BD} (AcPreview Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3\AcPreview.ocx
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - BitDefender SRL - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - BitDefender S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - BitDefender - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--
End of file - 6178 bytes

-- Files created between 2008-04-27 and 2008-05-27 -----------------------------

2008-05-24 18:20:43 0 dr-h----- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Recent
2008-05-22 00:40:37 0 d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$
2008-05-21 01:13:37 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\SoftwareDistribution

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-05-26 23:15:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Adobe
2008-05-21 01:33:50 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Azureus
2008-05-09 20:37:37 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\U3
2008-04-15 22:19:56 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Azureus

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{EE3612DC-2588-11DD-9B1D-A99356D89593}]
20/05/2008 10:32 PM 50688 -rahs---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ATIPTA"="C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [11/09/2003 01:45 PM]
"PRONoMgr.exe"="C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe" [11/03/2003 05:24 PM]
"SoundMAXPnP"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe" [29/05/2003 05:28 PM]
"SoundMAX"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" [30/05/2003 10:42 AM]
"NeroFilterCheck"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe" [12/01/2006 05:40 PM]
"BDAgent"="C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe" [24/03/2008 01:32 PM]
"@"="" []
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [25/09/2007 02:11 AM]
"zBrowser Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe" [18/03/2004 10:33 AM]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [04/08/2004 08:00 AM]

C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
update.exe [20/05/2008 10:32:19 PM]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Acrobat Assistant.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe [05/02/2008 1:37:41 AM]
Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [16/01/2008 12:36:58 PM]
update.exe [20/05/2008 10:32:20 PM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"DisableRegistryTools"=1 (0x1)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon]
"Shell"="explorer.exe \"C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\svchost.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\StatusClient]
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe /auto

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TomcatStartup]
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\hpbpsttp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
p2psvc p2psvc p2pimsvc p2pgasvc PNRPSvc
bdx scan

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{29b56a53-e61c-11dc-b5aa-000ea63d375e}]
AutoRun\command- I:\launch.exe

*Newly Created Service* - 05B114C4
*Newly Created Service* - 63F28D98

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-27 15:57:15 ------------

#6 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

Zivinomir...

here are the other two reports you asked for: the SDFIX Report.txt and the Kaspersky Online Scan.txt

Let me know what to do next.

By the way: when this is all over, can you let me know if I can add/remove C:\deckard and C:\sdfix?

Thanks, Z.
D.

SDFix: Version 1.186
Run by DennisFanti on 27/05/2008 at 05:10 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Windows Registry Values
Restoring Windows Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\update.exe - Deleted
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\svchost.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vx.tll - Deleted

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-27 17:15:10
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Wed 4 Aug 2004 1,667,584 ..SH. --- "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
Wed 4 Aug 2004 60,416 A.SH. --- "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
Mon 21 Jul 1997 1,045,776 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msjet35.dll"
Mon 23 Jun 1997 123,664 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msjint35.dll"
Mon 23 Jun 1997 24,848 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msjter35.dll"
Mon 23 Jun 1997 252,176 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msrd2x35.dll"
Mon 23 Jun 1997 287,504 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msxbse35.dll"
Fri 23 May 2008 1,823,624 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\972f9ceb5c3be430fe6cdcb43653d74d\BIT14.tmp"
Fri 23 May 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\c3c3c6d9de8be474641d4bbceb22a36f\BIT13.tmp"
Fri 23 May 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\c70d1595e5f69f7d87735bc472ba4be6\BIT15.tmp"
Fri 10 Jun 2005 483,568 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d424e8f655073b64c82b6f4f138d5f7e\BIT27.tmp"
Mon 12 Feb 2007 3,096,576 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\U3\temp\Launchpad Removal.exe"
Tue 20 May 2008 27,136 A.SHR --- "C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\update.exe"

Finished!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:24:42 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 27/05/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 802914
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 99830
Number of viruses found: 0
Number of infected objects: 0
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:32:09

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\asdict.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008052720080528\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\00000002.ps1 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\00000002.ps2 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\00010003.ci Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\cicat.fid Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\cicat.hsh Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiCL0001.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiP10000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiP20000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiPT0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiSL0001.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiSP0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiST0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\CiVP0000.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\INDEX.000 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\propstor.bk1 Object is locked skipped
C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\propstor.bk2 Object is locked skipped
C:\itouch_crash_info.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\as2core\antispam_sig_11488\aspdict.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\dbokf.db Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\dbokf.db-journal Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{63483CC7-405B-43C6-96B9-E96BDBCE095A}\RP130\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{8DFA5FA7-5DD9-4E33-B9F3-9BA08DE2D750}.bin Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\tmp00003bed\tmp00000000 Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
E:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

#7 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

Zivinomir -

I just realized that I ran the Kaspersky Online scan with my BitDefender Real Time protection turned on, and my firewall on. Given the instructions I just (re)read on the Kaspersky site, I may have skewed my results.

let me know if I should rerun the scan.
Thanks,
D.

#8 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:31 AM

Hello Don

You haven't skewed anything and your results are fine. You have done a great job so far :thumbsup:

let me know if I should rerun the scan.

Actually there is something I want you to apply! Please consider the below instructions:

Note: When DSS.exe is run for the first time, it will produce a full set of logs. Each subsequent run will only produce a HijackThis log along with a file and registry dump (no restore point or cleanup is performed). We will need to run DSS.exe with /config to look forward the main.txt along with extra.txt log as well.
  • Click on Start, click on Run
  • Copy and paste the following in bold in the open window and then click OK
  • "%UserProfile%\Desktop\DSS.exe" /Config
  • This will open up DSS configuration
  • Click on Check All
  • Click Scan
  • DSS will now run again when finished
  • Please post back both logs (Main.txt and extra.txt) that open in notepad in your next reply please. Thanks.

By the way: when this is all over, can you let me know if I can add/remove C:\deckard and C:\sdfix?

I'll let you know. No need to worry please.

With Regards,
Zivinomir

#9 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

Here are the two logs Zivinomir. Your config change seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

Run by DennisFanti on 2008-05-28 09:48:42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
41: 2008-05-28 13:48:46 UTC - RP132 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
40: 2008-05-27 22:17:14 UTC - RP131 - System Checkpoint
39: 2008-05-20 17:10:04 UTC - RP130 - System Checkpoint
38: 2008-05-19 16:28:30 UTC - RP129 - System Checkpoint
37: 2008-05-16 08:01:29 UTC - RP128 - System Checkpoint

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2008-04-06 17:26:03 UTC - RP92 - System Checkpoint

Performed disk cleanup.

-- HijackThis (run as DennisFanti.exe) -----------------------------------------

Scan saved at 9:48:58 AM, on 28/05/2008

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Desktop\DSS.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\DENNIS~1\Desktop\security\DENNIS~1.EXE

O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...can_unicode.cab

--
End of file - 5843 bytes

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

.scr - AutoCADScriptFile - shell\open\command - C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE "%1"

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R1 cdrbsvsd - c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrbsvsd.sys <Not Verified; B.H.A Corporation; B's Recorder GOLD7>
R3 BDSelfPr - c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2008\bdselfpr.sys <Not Verified; BitDefender S.R.L.; BitDefender>
R3 catchme - c:\docume~1\dennis~1\locals~1\temp\catchme.sys (file missing)

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

S3 NBService - c:\program files\nero\nero 7\nero backitup\nbservice.exe

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

Class GUID: {4D36E97E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Description: RAID Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373&SUBSYS_80F51043&REV_02\4&2E98101C&0&20F0
Manufacturer:
Name: RAID Controller
PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373&SUBSYS_80F51043&REV_02\4&2E98101C&0&20F0
Service:

-- Process Modules -------------------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (pid 336)
2004-03-18 10:26:48 114688 --a------ C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Scrolling\LGMSGHK.DLL <Not Verified; Logitech Inc.; Productivity Software Common Files>
2004-03-18 10:26:50 4608 --a------ C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\itchhk.dll <Not Verified; Logitech Inc.; iTouch>
2004-03-18 10:26:12 5120 --a------ C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\KbdHook.dll <Not Verified; Logitech Inc.; iTouch>
2006-06-08 21:29:30 73728 --a------ C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBShell.dll <Not Verified; Nero AG; Nero BackItUp>

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (pid 588)
2008-03-03 14:04:59 135168 --a------ C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\scan.dll <Not Verified; S.C. BitDefender S.R.L; BitDefender 11>
2008-01-25 19:12:32 212992 --a------ C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\bdsubmit.dll <Not Verified; BitDefender S.R.L.; BitDefender Submission>
2007-06-15 14:52:04 53248 --a------ C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_6053\avxdisk.dll
2008-03-03 14:05:00 90112 --a------ C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\quarcore.dll <Not Verified; BitDefender S.R.L.; BitDefender 11>
2008-01-25 19:12:53 94208 --a------ C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_6071\bdcore.dll

-- Files created between 2008-04-28 and 2008-05-28 -----------------------------

2008-05-27 17:27:40 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab
2008-05-27 17:27:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab
2008-05-27 17:27:38 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\LastGood
2008-05-27 17:07:42 0 d-------- C:\WINDOWS\ERUNT

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-05-27 16:59:39 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Adobe
2008-05-21 01:33:50 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Azureus
2008-05-09 20:37:37 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\U3

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{EE3612DC-2588-11DD-9B1D-A99356D89593}]
20/05/2008 10:32 PM 50688 -rahs---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat

"ATIPTA"="C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [11/09/2003 01:45 PM]
"PRONoMgr.exe"="C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe" [11/03/2003 05:24 PM]
"SoundMAXPnP"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe" [29/05/2003 05:28 PM]
"SoundMAX"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" [30/05/2003 10:42 AM]
"NeroFilterCheck"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe" [12/01/2006 05:40 PM]
"BDAgent"="C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe" [24/03/2008 01:32 PM]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" [25/09/2007 02:11 AM]
"zBrowser Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe" [18/03/2004 10:33 AM]

C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
update.exe [20/05/2008 10:32:19 PM]

Acrobat Assistant.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe [05/02/2008 1:37:41 AM]
Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [16/01/2008 12:36:58 PM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\StatusClient]
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox2.0\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\Toolbox\StatusClient\StatusClient.exe /auto

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TomcatStartup]

bdx scan

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{29b56a53-e61c-11dc-b5aa-000ea63d375e}]

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-28 09:50:22 ------------

Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPU 1: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 43%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 1022.73 MiB / 581.68 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 2461.31 MiB / 1953.87 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1907.99 MiB

A: is Removable (No Media)
C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 29.29 GiB total, 10.92 GiB free.
D: is Fixed (NTFS) - 29.29 GiB total, 29.23 GiB free.
E: is Fixed (NTFS) - 53.19 GiB total, 33.81 GiB free.
F: is CDROM (No Media)
G: is CDROM (No Media)
H: is Fixed (FAT32) - 232.83 GiB total, 102.2 GiB free.

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - WDC WD1200JD-00GBB0 - 111.79 GiB - 3 partitions
\PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 29.29 GiB - C:
\PARTITION1 - Extended w/Extended Int 13 - 82.49 GiB - D: - E:

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - WD 2500JB External USB Device - 232.88 GiB - 1 partition
\PARTITION0 - Unknown - 232.88 GiB - H:

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is disabled.
Windows Internal Firewall is disabled.

FirstRunDisabled is set.

FW: Bitdefender Firewall v8.0 (BitDefender)
AV: Bitdefender Antivirus v8.0 (BitDefender)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=DENNISF
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti
LOGONSERVER=\\DENNISF
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0209
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\DENNIS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\DENNIS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=DENNISF
USERNAME=DennisFanti
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti
windir=C:\WINDOWS

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

DennisFanti (admin)
Administrator (admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

--> C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\nero\uninstall\UNNERO.exe /UNINSTALL
--> C:\WINDOWS\UNNeroBackItUp.exe /UNINSTALL
--> C:\WINDOWS\UNNeroMediaHome.exe /UNINSTALL
--> C:\WINDOWS\UNNeroShowTime.exe /UNINSTALL
--> C:\WINDOWS\UNNeroVision.exe /UNINSTALL
--> C:\WINDOWS\UNRecode.exe /UNINSTALL
--> rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Adobe Acrobat 5.0 --> C:\WINDOWS\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Adobe Illustrator CS --> RunDll32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\ctor.dll",LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{91A4AD99-69CE-4745-97B7-0E0DFBECFDE5}\setup.exe"
Adobe InDesign CS --> RunDll32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\ctor.dll",LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{416DFEDD-9F1B-4EFC-AF70-FCA891AE0251}\zidxp.exe"
Adobe Photoshop CS --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-BB28-A766E16493BC}\setup.exe" -l0x9
Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 3.0\Uninstall\Winstall.exe -u -fC:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 3.0\Uninstall\Install.log
AnswerWorks Runtime --> C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\WexTech\AnswerWorks\Uninst.isu"
ATI - Software Uninstall Utility --> C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\UninstallAll\AtiCimUn.exe
ATI Control Panel --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}\setup.exe"
ATI Display Driver --> rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\atiiiexx.dll,_InfEngUnInstallINFFile_RunDLL@16 -force_restart -flags:0x2010001 -inf_class:DISPLAY -clean
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3.3 --> MsiExec.exe /I{5783F2D7-0134-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
Azureus Vuze --> C:\Program Files\Azureus\uninstall.exe
BHA B's Recorder GOLD BASIC 7.10 --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{36D00AE6-69DE-4087-A1A9-84ADD10E5530}\setup.exe" -l0x9
BitDefender Total Security 2008 --> MsiExec.exe /I{E2E51257-7472-4B89-A951-8BB86616C9B9}
HijackThis 2.0.2 --> "C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Desktop\security\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
hp LaserJet 1010 Series --> MsiExec.exe /x {292C47B2-8DB7-47BF-896C-C3C5EE8108C4}
Intel® PRO Network Adapters and Drivers --> Prounstl.exe
Intel® PROSet --> MsiExec.exe /I{A790BEB1-BCCF-4EC6-807B-5708B36E8A79}
Java™ 6 Update 3 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160030}
Kaspersky Online Scanner --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Online Scanner\kavuninstall.exe
Logitech iTouch Software --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{036AA4D4-6D32-11D4-9875-00105ACE7734}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 UNINSTALL
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 --> MsiExec.exe /I{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}
Nero 7 Premium --> MsiExec.exe /I{692854CC-97EF-4307-B787-8C6787B91033}
SoundMAX --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F0A37341-D692-11D4-A984-009027EC0A9C}\Setup.exe"
Volo View Express --> C:\WINDOWS\uninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Volo View Express\DeIsL1.isu"

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type1925 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/27/2008 05:21:28 PM
Event ID/Source: 4127 / Ci
Event Description:
Content index on c:\system volume information\catalog.wci could not be initialized. Error 3221225477.

Event Record #/Type1924 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/27/2008 05:21:28 PM
Event Description:
Content index on c:\system volume information\catalog.wci could not be initialized. Error 3221225477.

Event Record #/Type1918 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/27/2008 02:51:35 AM
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type1917 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/27/2008 02:51:35 AM
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type1908 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/27/2008 02:30:21 AM
Event Description:

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type5664 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/26/2008 11:47:19 PM
Event ID/Source: 1003 / Dhcp
Event Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the
DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 000EA63D375E. The following
error occurred:
%%1223.
Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from
the network address (DHCP) server.

Event Record #/Type5609 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/26/2008 10:20:22 PM
Event ID/Source: 4226 / Tcpip
Event Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Event Record #/Type5421 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/25/2008 11:50:30 PM
Event ID/Source: 4226 / Tcpip
Event Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Event Record #/Type5395 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/25/2008 11:17:20 PM
Event Description:
DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 000EA63D375E. The following
error occurred:
%%1223.

Event Record #/Type4973 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/24/2008 05:29:29 PM
Event Description:
error occurred:
%%1223.

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-28 09:50:22 ------------

#10 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

Hello again Don
Good job! Lets continue please :thumbsup:

A. Please submit a file for analysis by following the below steps:
  • Submit this file for analysis: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat
  • Please go here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php
  • Copy the link to this topic and paste it in.
  • Browse to that file for submission.
  • In the comments section state that I asked you to submit this.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

B. Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat
    C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\update.exe
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste Custom List Of Files/Patterns To Move" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
Note: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

C. Start HijackThis program and click Do a system scan only button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it (If present):

Now Close ALL open windows except Hijack This and click the Fix Checked button and EXIT the program.

D. Flash Drive Disinfector
  • Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

E. Re-Run DSS.exe again by following the below instructions please:
  • From your Desktop.
  • Double Click on DSS.exe to run it.
  • When the scan is complete, main.txt log will be produced.
  • Please paste the content of the main.txt in your next reply so I can make sure that all the malware was deleted according to plan. Thanks.

Note: Let me know how your computer is behaving please.

With Regards,
Zivinomir

#11 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

Hi Zivinomir...

Ok, here are all the items you requested from your last post:

A. I submitted the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat" as per your request.

B. I ran OTMoveIt2. I was not asked to reboot. Here are the results from that:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat moved successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\update.exe moved successfully.

OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.4.2 log created on 05292008_004116

C. I ran HiJackThis. When it was first downloaded to my machine, it made a copy file (named DennisFanti.exe). I ran this version.

I looked for the lines you asked me to check.

- "O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EE3612DC-2588-11DD-9B1D-A99356D89593} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\vid_sy4.dat" was present, but "FILE MISSING" was added to the end of the line. I put a checkmark in the box anyway.

- "O4 - Startup: update.exe" was not present.

When I clicked FIX, and then OK, the HiJackThis window went blank immediately (I didn't get a window telling me there was any work being done). I then exited the program.

D. I ran "FlashDriveDisinfector" and rebooted.

E. I re-ran DSS. I'll paste the MAIN.TXT below

F. You asked me to let you know how the computer is behaving. It seems fine, with a couple of hiccups:

- the AutomaticUpdates window that was greyed out (when I contacted you originally) seems to be back to normal (yeah).
- when I rebooted, most of the items in my taskbar (the items at the far right beside the clock) had disappeared (no BitDefender icon, no SoundMax, no "SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE", etc etc). I ignored this.
- I tried opening a few files, running some programs and printing. Most of this seemed fine. MediaPlayer is working. All my files seem to be present.
- I tried to print some PDF's. The third attempt froze my computer.

- I rebooted. This time all of my icons reappeared EXCEPT "Safely Remove Hardware" and SoundMax.
- I ran through some programs once more, everything seems fine.
- I tried to print a PDF and the computer stalled and crashed.

(maybe this PDF issue is unrelated? When this is all over I'll try to uninstall and reinstall Distiller and see what happens. )

- The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon still hasn't reappeared (even though my external drive (H) is still plugged into the USB drive (I plugged it in during the FlashDisinfector sequence)). I checked START>Properties>Taskbar>Customize and the item is showing up as a "Past Behaviour"...

Okay, here's the MAIN.TXT from DSS:

Run by DennisFanti on 2008-05-29 00:54:43

Scan saved at 12:54:49 AM, on 29/05/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...can_unicode.cab

--
End of file - 5692 bytes

-- Files created between 2008-04-29 and 2008-05-29 -----------------------------

2008-05-29 00:50:19 0 drahs---- C:\autorun.inf
2008-05-27 17:27:40 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

2008-05-29 00:25:26 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Adobe

bdx scan

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-29 00:55:22 ------------

#12 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

Zivinomir -

I just noticed one other issue: when I'm in Internet Explorer and I choose "Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files, Delete Cookies, and Clear History" IE acts as though it's doing the work and tells me the files have been deleted... but when I go to "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\ History or Temporary Internet Files" all of those files are still present.

I'm not sure if it's IE that's buggy, or if it's a symptom of something?

Thanks.

#13 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

Zivinomir -

you asked me to let you know how my computer is behaving. I've noticed a few more issues today (not sure if they're backdoor related, or related to the fixes you've been having me run).

1. my computer's been hanging every couple of hours. I'll have two or three programs running, a couple of explorer windows, Windows Media Player, and 4 or 5 Internet Explorer windows, and my machine will stall (for about 30 seconds at a time).

I've routinely had this many windows/programs open before and usually it can handle all these and more (I do a lot of autocad, photoshop, and 3d modelling, all of which are fairly memory/RAM intensive, and I usually have no problem opening up at least that many programs (if not more) without stalling).

2. I found a few new .exe files in my " C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp" folder, namely:

- "nircmd.exe"
- a hidden folder "~nrpupxa.tmp"
- and inside this hidden folder "swreg.exe"

I googled both exe files, and I get confliciting reports that these are either tools used to clean up the registry (in which case, maybe they're byproducts of the fixes we ran yesterday), or that they're viruses. In any case, my BitDefender realtime scan didn't stop them from loading up, whenever they appeared....

Anyway, otherwise things are fine. I'm occasionally still having PDF issues.

Thanks for the help. Let me know what else needs to be done.
D.

#14 RELOADED

RELOADED

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:55 AM

Hello Don
Sorry for the delay in replying.

A. Lets remove whatever tools we used:
  • Double click OTMoveIt2.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the Begin cleanup Process? prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.
Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTMoveIt attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

Locate:
  • C:\SDFix<<<this folder
  • And delete it.
  • Also delete SDFix.exe from your Desktop please.

B. Using ATF-CleanerDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

C. Re-Run DSS.exe again by following the below instructions please:
  • From your Desktop.
  • Double Click on DSS.exe to run it.
  • When the scan is complete, main.txt log will be produced.
  • Please paste the content of the main.txt in your next reply. This is a final check to see if you are clear of malware.
No worries on the missing icons, soundmax is there and running and the safely remove hardware is unneeded.

With Regards,
Zivinomir

#15 don_s

don_s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

Hi Zivinomir...

So, I went through your recommended steps, but there were some glitches:

A1.

I ran OTMoveIt2.exe, but it didn't do anything. It hanged for about 30 minutes (while I waited for teh "Begin CleanUp Process" prompt), and then I force-quit it.

I reran it a moment later (without rebooting) and it seemed to run fine. I rebooted on prompt.

A2.
I tried to locate C:\SDFix but the folder was missing.

I did a search for "SDFix", and found that folder here: C:\WINDOWS\ERUNT\SDFIX

I did NOT delete that folder...? Should I?

B1.
I ran ATF cleaner. Everything seemed to work fine, but I just checked my Temporary Internet Files folder, my History folder, and my TEMP folder, and none of them were cleaned by the tool! Weird.

C1. You asked me to rerun DSS, but DSS was no longer visible on my desktop (I recalled seeing that DSS was listed as a tool within the OTMoveIt2 window).

I RE-downloaded DSS and ran it. I'll post the log below.

So, I currently have FlashDisinfector, DSS.EXE, and HiJackThis on my desktop. Once we're through, can you explain how to remove those three?

Also, can you let me know if ATF's failure to clean the folders is a problem? I still can't clean out History or TempInternet Files from IE, but have to navigate to the user folder and delete them manually.

Oh, and there's another new folder in my TEMP folder, created a few minutes ago (perhaps when we ran the scan?)...

C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Local Settings\Temp\~gbfknky.tmp

it contains: "swreg.exe", "whitedir", and "whitedirB".

anyway, here's the DSS LOG:
(oh, and no need to apologize about a "delay". I understand you guys are volunteers, and I appreciate everything you're doing to help me out. Thanks a million!).

Run by DennisFanti on 2008-05-30 13:07:45

Scan saved at 1:07:50 PM, on 30/05/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

--
End of file - 5737 bytes

-- Files created between 2008-04-30 and 2008-05-30 -----------------------------

2008-05-29 00:50:19 0 drahs---- C:\autorun.inf

2008-05-30 02:49:36 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\DennisFanti\Application Data\Adobe

bdx scan

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-30 13:08:35 ------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users