Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pixel Disorientation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TelMeDragon

TelMeDragon

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

Whenever I play 3D games, the pixels are disoriented, this only happens after I play MapleStory or StarCraft. I'm guessing it's because the 2 other games are old and non-compatible with Vista, but my computer at home can run the games fine. Is there some option I can tweak to stop this?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

How big is your monitor? You probably need to change the screen resolution for those games, especially if you have a larger monitor. The default screen resolution for those games are probably set at a default 640X480 resolution or 800X600 (about a 14 inch screen I think).
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 TelMeDragon

TelMeDragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

I think my moniter's a 17 Inch wide. I use the max resolution though 1920x1200.

I forgot to mention that after running Maple (only maple not SC) and turning off my laptop, then on again, the resolution is reset to the lowest setting.
Posted Image

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

1920X1200 seems really big for a 17-inch widescreen. I have a 20-inch widescreen and the max, like most other 20-inch widescreens, is 1680X1050.

Are you running that resolution in the game though? You should go into the game options and change the resolution settings in game. They do not automatically run at the same resolution your desktop is set as.

Take some screen shots of you playing the games. Maybe then we can better understand what is happening.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users