Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected By Malware, Can't Seem To Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlienbySociety

AlienbySociety

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

I recently aquired a trojan from a bittorrent download. I scanned the file first and everything checked out ok. Now i am receiving the following system messages:

"Your Computer Has Several Fatal Errors Due To Spyware Activity, Click Here To Scan Your PC For Spyware."

"Critical System Warning: Your System Is Probably Infected With The Latest Version Of Spyware.Cyberlog-X. Click Ok To Download Antispyware Software."

"Windows Security Alert: Slow Operation Speed Might Have Been Caused By Malicious Spyware. Download Antispyware Software and Run Full System Scan To Remove Viruses From Your Computer. Click Here to Start Downloading."

"Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx"

--During a scan the following were recovered as MalwareDownloader, Malicious Software, or Cloaked Malware:

Cloaked Malware
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nnnnkaaa.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\amcompatg.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Zach\Application Data\Microsoft\dtsc\21203.exe

Malicious Software
C:\Program Files\uTorrent\u Torrent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winctrl32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winctrl32.dl_
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLctrl32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLctrl32.dl_
C:\WINDOWS\ifn.exe

Malware Downloader
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinul864.exe
C:\WINDOWS\X.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Y.exe

Worm
C:\WINDOWS\msupdate.exe

I have tried both manual and automatic suggestions for this problem and during both i have received an error. This problem also has disabled my Internet for the computer and has disabled Task Manager on all of my accounts except for the name the computer is registered to. I appreciate any help I can get on the matter, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:42 PM

Run the following fix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17258/how-to-remove-the-smitfraud-generic-zlob-quicknavigate-virtual-maid/

Then do a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 AlienbySociety

AlienbySociety
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:15 PM

I've tried that method but when trying to boot in safe mode my computer loads the system files but stops on one file and doesn't ever move. The file name it stops on is:

WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\agp440.sys

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

Try the Malwarebytes' scan (in Normal Mode).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users