Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with config.sys

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pathbear

pathbear

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:09 AM

I need help putting the codes back like they were, it is at config.sys . I found three options in find/folders. the large one. if someone on Windows 98 se would copy and paste the correct ones I would be thankful.
If you like you can email me the codes. here are the codes that I have. I messed up the color count and one other .ty. pathbear

[menu]
menuitem=CD, Start computer with CD-ROM support.
menuitem=NOCD, Start computer without CD-ROM support.
menuitem=HELP, View the Help file.
menudefault=CD,30
menucolor=16,256

[CD]
device=himem.sys /testmem:off
device=oakcdrom.sys /D:mscd001
device=btdosm.sys
device=flashpt.sys
device=btcdrom.sys /D:mscd001
device=aspi2dos.sys
device=aspi8dos.sys
device=aspi4dos.sys
device=aspi8u2.sys
device=aspicd.sys /D:mscd

[NOCD]

[HELP]

[COMMON]
files=10
buffers=10
dos=high,umb
stacks=10,256
devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E 2048
lastdrive=z

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:23 AM

That looks like the config.sys from a win98 boot floppy. You don't need anything in config.sys on your actual system unless you have a requirement to run programs in DOS mode.
Can you describe more about the problem you are having?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 pathbear

pathbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

I am sure I am having a stacking problem, but as I asked, I just want to put the code I posted back like it was before I , like a jerk, changed it. I got there by putting config.sys in find files and got three ootions, this was the longest one. I am taking the modem to a good friend who will see what he can do, but I am just trying to fix what I messed up. thanks for any help. pathbear :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users