I've picked up a very nasty malware, the first symptoms I've noticed are
1. giving me a "page fault in nonpaged area" stop blue screen whenever I try to boot windows normally. (0x00000050)
2. Changed all google and other search engine results to the address at <hxxp://188.8.131.52/go.pho?u=***************>
3. Certain sites I just can't go to directly, IE returns with an server error under safe mode, firefox simply don't start at all.
4. my research indicate that it seems to reside in a file named clbdll.dll under system32 folder, and I found and zipped this file along with others with catchme.exe, anything I can do with that?
5. Whenever the save as option is selected in notepad, notepad just quits itself
Since comboscan logs are not permitted, so please let me konw what do I need to do now.
Thank you so much for your help!
Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2013 - 03:15 AM.
Deactivate link. ~ OB