Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Outlook Express Not Accepting Or Deleting E-mails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joanne Moore

Joanne Moore

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

My Outlook Express Inbox stopped accepting new e-mails on May 17, but it is currently holding over 6000 e-mails that are either repeats or spam. Some of these e-mails are repeated at least 10 times. I tried deleting these e-mails but they just come back. I logged on webmail.cablelynx.com and got a list of about 500 current e-mails that have not shown up in my inbox. I get several pop-up messages about errors in POP3, unable to access my inbox. Also, I get a pop-up saying "CA Common Tray is trying to access the internet. Application: C/program Filed\CA\C...\CC Tray Exec. Address: 69.18.\48.62 Port 80. Have I been hit by a virus? At the time this all started, I had CA Internet Security Suite active on my computer. I have now disconnected it because I thought it might be causing the trouble. I am still quite illiterate about computors and may not have given enough info. Please advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

Have you deleted the mails using your providers webmail interface?
While it is possible that you are receiving a lot of the same spam, it's also possible that
there could be a message on the server with a corrupted header. A corrupt header cannot be processed by your email client and will stop messages received after it from downloading. You'll have to go to webmail and start deleting.
After you've deleted in webmail, open up OE and see if it downloads what is left.
If not, please copy then paste here any error messages you get from OE.

Your statement about disconnecting CA concerns me. Either enable it OR uninstall it and reinstall another firewall and antivirus program. Without them, you are leaving your system wide open
to attacks and viruses.
If you don't want to continue using CA, there are some good free products you can install.
You'll find a list of them here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

cctray.exe is a tray icon for Computer Associates Security Center interface.

However, you stated you get
CA Common Tray is trying to access the internet. Application: C/program Filed\CA\C...\CC Tray Exec.

Are you sure that's what it said?

I don't know anything about CA, so I can't help you with that issue. I posted the difference between the 2 names so it won't get missed by others who can help you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 May 2008 - 09:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users