Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! .exe error pops up...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PureTragedy

PureTragedy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:31 AM

Everytime I login to my windows name it says that the imwireup.exe program cannot start because commcoss.dll was not found. I don't know what to do, I'm new at computer stuff. Can someone please help????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:53 AM

See if this helps, please click Here
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 PureTragedy

PureTragedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:51 AM

Thanks, but I've looked at that. I don't understand what to do, like I said, I'm very ignorant when it comes to computers. I've searched google and haven't found anything that helps me. I ran ad-aware and search&destroy but it still pops up. I'm really scared....

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:10 AM

Do you use an antivirus program?
Update it, then run it in safe mode.

Also, run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 PureTragedy

PureTragedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:28 AM

What is safe mode and how do I run it in it?
*is very non-computer savvy*

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:09 AM

Pure Tragedy - here is the link to the Safe Mode Tutorial:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...Mode-tut61.html

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 PureTragedy

PureTragedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

Well I did the safe mode and ran AVG and ad-aware but Norton didn't work, it just kept saying that an error occured. The .exe error keeps coming up, I don't know what else to do... :thumbsup:

#8 DeCipher

DeCipher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

Try this

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pe...px?id=453075065

Make sure you create a restore point and back up your registry. You can make a restore point by...

Clicking Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Then follow the steps.

To back up the registry do the following.

Click Start -> Run. Type regedit, hit enter.
Click file - > Export
Name the file.
Make sure 'All' is selected under 'Export Range'

Now just follow the steps in the article. When it says remove or find a value of HKey...., use the regedit program.

Hope this helps

Keith
Posted Image

#9 PureTragedy

PureTragedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

I'm sorry, I did everything except follow the directions on the site link you gave me. I don't understand them, it's like Greek. I've only had a computer for a few weeks, so I don't know what I'm doing...
If someone can explain what the site wants me to do little simpler, I would really appreciate it.

#10 DeCipher

DeCipher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

Ok...

Press Crtl + Alt + delete all at the same time. Click the Processes tab. Look for idctup20.exe. Click it then click end process. Close the window.

Now click start -> run -> type 'regedit', hit enter. On the left side of the screen click the plus for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then software, then microsoft, then, windows, then currentversion. Now click the run folder, not the plus. Now look for intdctrr on the right side of the screen. If you find it, right click it and delete it. Your done with regedit, close it. Now click 'My Computer', then your main hard drive (probably c:) then go to windows, then system32. Now look for the idctup20.exe file. If you find it, delete it and reboot your machine.

Edit: Instead of idctup20.exe, it might be imwireup.exe
Edit again: I also found this tool, XoftSpy, they claim to remove it.

That should be it. Le me know what happens.

Keith

Edited by DeCipher, 02 April 2005 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image

#11 PureTragedy

PureTragedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

I did the Atl+Ctrl+Del but I couldn't find the one you mentioned or the imwireup.exe. But I did everything else you said, and the error didn't come up again, so I hope it's okay now! Thank you all SOOO much for the help!! :thumbsup:

#12 DeCipher

DeCipher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:55 PM

:thumbsup:

Glad to help

Keith
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic