Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Blue Screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 TTC

TTC

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

Ok my brand new computer just blue screen of death'd on me. The blue screen went too fast for me to see, but I was able to see this in the event viewer for system:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000be (0x80540eee, 0x00540121, 0xb1dcfa44, 0x0000000b). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini052408-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Can someone help me figure out what the problem is?

Thanks,

TTC

/EDIT: Here are the computer's specs:

A-bit AN-M2 nView AM2 NF630a mATX Motherboard
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 6400 + 3.2 GHz Processor with Dual Core Technology, Socket AM2
Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro Heatsink, Ultra Quiet Fan, Copper Heat Pipes
4096MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 Low Latency Extreme Memory with Heat Spreader
512 EVGA GeForce 8800 GT DDR3 PCI-E w/HDCP
VideoCool Positive Pressure Airflow System
320GB Hitachi 7200rpm SATA300, 16MB Cache
20x Lite On DVD +/- RW Dual Layer Burner
Integrated 10/100/1000 MBps Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter
Integrated 52-in-1 Internal Media Card Reader
2 Intergrated IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports, 1 front & 1 rear
8 USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 6 rear)

It also runs on an Windows XP Pro OS.

Edited by TTC, 24 May 2008 - 04:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

Hi TTC.
You have a minidump according to that error code message. Follow these directions: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
Then paste the results into your next post for us to have a look at.

Stop 0xBE" error message on some fault-tolerant computers. This error message is related to failing hardware. Because fault-tolerant computers can stop or "remove" hardware dynamically at any time, hardware that is in the process of being detected might be suddenly removed. This can cause Windows to try to read to nonexistent or otherwise incorrect memory.

Did that ever happen?

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 TTC

TTC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

I found out what was the problem; the game I play, Lineage 2, has been having some difficulties as of late that are making some people experience BSOEs during gameplay. I was one of the unfortunate people that got it while playing ingame, lol. The Lineage 2 staff is aware of the problem though, and it seems that they're making an effort to fix their software.

And no, I never got that message you mentioned.

Thank you for your help : )

edit: And ironically it doesn't really matter, seeing as I have to do a reformat on this PC due to an issue with it...:/ Irony at its worst, lol.

Edited by TTC, 25 May 2008 - 12:03 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

edit: And ironically it doesn't really matter, seeing as I have to do a reformat on this PC due to an issue with it...:/ Irony at its worst, lol.

Here is the link to that post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148718/trying-to-reformat-windows-xp-s2/

This thread is now closed to focus efforts on one issue, and avoid conflicting information.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

This thread is now closed to focus efforts on one issue, and avoid conflicting information.

Why isn't it closed yet?

Extremeboy

Edited by garmanma, 25 May 2008 - 08:33 PM.
It is now

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users