Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2003 Server, Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ciscodude

ciscodude

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

I have recently joined the IT team at work, me being the other guy to help the guy that did it on his own

Theres a lot of work to do to get things running correctly, the company has grown a lot of the last four years, but still has old equipment

Anyway, to cut to the chase.......................As i came onboard, or reason why, a number of employees couldnt receive or send mail, and they couldnt print

I have resolved all this by, installing, updating and running > Spybot, Adaware 2007, UniBlue and Kaspersky antivirus

The old antivirus programs expired in 06, some 05 :thumbsup: The total amount of things found and removed are stagering

Next i turn my attention to the file server, running Windows 2003, and the router, the router is goosed, the net connection runs dead slow, but speeds up if you reboot it, for a while

Its a basic home thing, 6 years old, but we have 15 pc's connected to the network. Now the server................No protection at all !!!!

Installed Kaspersky for windows 2003 server, up-date and ran it, = 10 trojans and 2 hacktools

Things run great for 2 weeks, then 1 employee carnt acsess the server, but can get on the net, day after another, 2 days later another

At the time the first guy had problems, i ran a CMD in run, and i pinged the server, no problem, i did IPCONFIG/ALL nothing wrong there either. No reason at all he should have a problem, not via his desktop settings

We have two main things on the server, Sage, and an Hire program, the company that suppiled the hire program.............Cost 20k, they have acsess to the server

Ive been away for a couple of days, gets a call this morning early, another guy carnt acsess the server, flys to work, trys all the pc's

All or should i say Not one pc can get in. Ive installed COMODO today, up-date and run, 4 virus's removed

Checked the system event viewer, "DHCP Service Failed" i have this error message, and lots of them starting from 7 0'clock last night

Im going in tomorrow to check the App Log

Can anyone offer any advice, im more a Linux man tbh

As a precaution, i have taken the server off the net for now, any advice would be very much appreciated guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users