Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 omaroo

omaroo

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

hi i need help, when i try to watch a video on IE or firefox it doesn't do anything it goes to a black screen. Now what do i need to do to fix this problem as i really want to watch my videos online.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

Are you watching on WMP or are you watching Youtube or other viral videos? If WMP, what version do you have? You probably need the latest version which is WMP 11. If watching online, it may have something to do with Flash. More specific info is needed.

#3 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

yes i am watching on a wmp site. Also i have got windows media player 11 so i have got the latest version. So whats wrong can you please help.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

What does "WMP site" mean? Are you watching on a website or are you downloading a Windows Media file and WMP pops up. Most websites don't use Windows Media. They use Adobe Flash. Copy & paste the link here and I'll look at it. Chances are pretty good Windows Media Player isn't your problem.

#5 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:42 PM

i am watching on a website which uses windows media player. So what is wrong. Btw the website is www.rajshri.com

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

Website doesn't work. "Service Unavailable"

#7 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

the thing is i had this problem last time and i fixed it but i can't remeber what i done. There are other sites which play windows media files on the sites but it goes black. when i checked on on pc it worked but not on my labtop. Something is causing it from not working. Have you got any suggestions which can help me resolve this problem.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

You don't get it. You need to provide more details. That's why I asked for a link and you gave a non working website. That's not very helpful. And if it works on one computer and not the other, the problem likely isn't Windows Media. It's something else. You're being too vague for anyone to help.

#9 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

heres the link which i try to watch my videos on http://www.rajshri.com/. It works i checked. BTW windows media is the problem everything else works fine with my computer.

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

I have no idea what could be causing your problem with the scant information you are providing. But I did go to the link that you provided and clicked on a few links to shows. The free ones all come up in a window that uses flash player, not WMP. So without more information as to what exactly you are doing and the steps you have taken to test and possibly reinstall flashplayer or WMP. We can't help you. With more and complete information to help us help you, is the only way to proceed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:44 AM

So the next question is what browser are you using and do you have the latest version of Flash which would be Adobe Flash 9. As I suspected, this site doesn't use Windows Media.

#12 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

i got IE6 and i swear when i got to that site or watch live sport it uses WMP. Soory for not providing more information the only reason i came to this site is as it is the best and it helps alot of people, which i am very grateful about.

#13 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

#14 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

ye the one u sed.

#15 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

Then it's something else. It could be a setting within Flash but it's more likely something unrelated. Recently a guy came on here and swore up and down that something was wrong with Flash. It turned out to be a problem with his video drivers. So you have to do some of your own troubleshooting. It might not be easy to figure out. Sometimes there isn't a quick fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users