Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursor movement problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dekiser

dekiser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:15 PM

cursor, the cursor moves eratically. I've tried another mouse that I know works fine and the same eratic movements occur. Eventually I am able to place the cursor where I want. Also when I type, the characters do not appear instantly in the field, then they will catch up and all appear. I'm running win98se. Any ideas what I can do to fix this exasperating problem? Thx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:01 AM

Did you install the newest drivers for the mouse that was having the initial problem or the second mouse you tried that had the same problem?
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:08 AM

Dear dekiser,

I had this problem years ago but have trouble remembering the solution. Maybe if you told us a little more information. If you don't mind?

Did this just happen?

Did you add anything to your computer lately?

Have you moved the computer?

Did you just build the computer?

Are you running PS/2 mouse and keyboard?

Do you smoke around your computer?

What is your blood type?

Sorry, the last is a joke :thumbsup:

Now that I remember, I had the same problem with Win 95 while installing com ports for each device...IRQ's I think. You can't be having the same problem.

Please let us know the answers to the above questions and we will help. There's a lot of good and smart people here.

Junkdk
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users