Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Registry Edit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 r4d1c4l

r4d1c4l

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 25 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

IS there a reg edit that allows you to change the color of the start bar to say, black. I know you can change it by dl a program, but is there a way were I could just do it by entering somthing in my Registry?

THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:27 PM

I could be wrong but I think that is done through themes which replaces the actuall objects. Maybe someone else knows the answer

#3 MC427

MC427

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:29 PM

Yes, there's a way. You need to use a custom Windows theme. check out www.themexp.org and look for anything about a special .dll fix or a program called StyleXP.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:15 AM

This might be what you are looking for:

www.g4techtv.com/feature.aspx?article_key=47767

Edited by brunt, 27 July 2004 - 06:01 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:01 AM

what did they do to the screensavers lol. I was a little mad when G4 pushed there way in!! Folow those directions r4d1c4l.. StyleXp is good but if you dont want the adaware on your pc and not have to register anything it is so much better to do it yourself!

Edit Warning Editing the registry is a dangerous thing. I suggest if you do not know what your doing keep out of the registry. One wrong mityped error could and will cause you to have to reinstall window's!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users