Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Removed The Problems, Now Nothing Works


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 J.Gus1

J.Gus1

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:41 AM

I removed E-Trust, MyWebSearch, PartyPoker, Tramadol, TimeClock, and NetworkMagic from my PC, and can no longer connect to the internet. I'm on broadband with an external SURFboard, running through a D-link DIR-625 wireless router. I'm running windows XP on both the PC and this Dell laptop. The laptop connects(sometimes it takes a couple tries), the PC will send and receive emails, but every time I try to connect, I get the IE cannot display webpage screen. I've tried every Wizard, repair, diagnostic program in Windows, and NADA. You are my last hope before I try dumping everything and starting over. Since I can't connect, I downloaded Hijackthis onto a flash drive from this comp, and ran it on the PC. If someone thinks they can help, I can copy the log on the flash drive, and post it here. Right? Thanks in advance,
Josh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 J.Gus1

J.Gus1
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:49 AM

Well, it didn't work. I downloaded Hijackthis, Hijackthis reader, and DSS.exe. Hijackthis opens the scan page, but whenever I try to click on something, is says it's being used by something else, and clicking switch to or retry does nothing. DSS.exe starts creating a restore point, and after an hour, is still sitting on the first block of the progress bar. The reader seems to work, but I can't use it without the first program. Can I not use a flashdrive to transfer it to the affected PC? The PC has been trying to shutdown for about 10 minutes now, it's not looking good.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 May 2008 - 03:45 AM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB


#3 ruby1

ruby1

    a forum member


  • Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:07 AM

:thumbsup: we know you are on XP ;do you have SP2 installed?

please tell us which is your installed antivirus program, who your ISP is

please tell us ALL of the programs you apparently have tried already to get cleaned so we know which ones you HAVE run

do you do any P2P stuff on there?

#4 J.Gus1

J.Gus1
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

I do have SP2 installed. Time Warner is my ISP. I use Nortons antivirus, with Windows firewall. I also use Windows Defender, Spybot S&D, and CLeanUp. I have reset Windows, reset the modem and the router. I have deleted programs, applications, and add ons which were either unneeded, or untrusted. Very little P2P is done, but sometimes for work. This is the comp with the problems, after starting in safe mode. All of the things I ran to try and fix it(besides what's listed above) were either fixes suggested by Windows or their website. When this first started, I could open my home page(Google) type in a search, open a result from that search, and that was it. If I tried to back up to Google, or move to a different webpage, IE cannot display webpage. If I restarted the PC, I could repeat the process.

Edited by J.Gus1, 24 May 2008 - 09:18 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users