Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Computer Actions--need Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saber_jack

saber_jack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

I have 3 things going on with my computer and I am not sure if they are related or not.

The first is when I start my machine it goes thru a blue screen diagnostic like I did a hard reboot and its checking the disk. Says its "dirty" then when windows does come up I get an error message stating that the "userinit.exe-0743FDA.pf is corrupt"

The second thing is when I go to try and update my virus software it says "connect to server failed" I can still surf the net so I am at a loss on this one.

The third thing is my sound is muted and I can't unmute. :thumbsup:

I have tried to do a system restore but the first issue I described won't let me do a restore.

Not sure if they are all related but I would appreciate some help from the masses.

Saber_Jack

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

:thumbsup: lets start with some basic info; what is your windows version ; your installed antivirus program ; what other protection is on there and when last fully updated and run on full computer scans? also do you have SP2 on there and when did you last go to the windows update site and get all your microsoft updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users