Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg 8.0 Help Please.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 tiaralynn08

tiaralynn08

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Okay so I want AVG 8.0 cause it looks awesome and is great.
How do I go about getting version 8.0 without it having conflict with

Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D?

Will it be safe to delete Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D AND Just use AVG 8.0?

What do you recommend and what not?
I really want AVG 8.0 but the conflict scares me to be honest.

P.S - Tiara Needs Help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alan D

Alan D

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

I would suggest waiting until they fix it. AVG already have a fix for this problem (according to an email they sent me, and also various posts around the web) and will include it in their Service Pack 1 which, they told me, is due to be released 'soon' (they told me this at the end of April). It can't be much longer, one would think!

Alternatively, you can install AVG8 and simply ignore the activeX warnings you get (there may be a very large number of them). I think most people who've upgraded to AVG8 are probably doing that. I would not myself remove Spywareblaster, because it's a program I trust, and it provides an additional layer of protection.

By the way, I've seen a number of recommendations NOT to accept the toolbar during the installation. When I eventually upgrade to AVG8 myself (after SP1 has come out), I shall be following that advice.

Edited by Alan D, 23 May 2008 - 03:24 PM.

Windows XP Home SP2; AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite (AV/AS r.t.p, and firewall); Windows Defender (r.t.p on); SuperAntispyware Free; a-squared Free 3.5.0.15; Spybot 1.4 (Immunised, but no Tea-timer); AdAware SE Free; AVG Anti-Rootkit Free; Spywareblaster; MVPS Hosts file (with HostsMan); McAfee Site Advisor.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

you have uninstalled avg 8.0 havent you?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148335/what-virusspyware-do-you-reccommend/

#4 tiaralynn08

tiaralynn08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

Yeah but i redownloaded it, cause AVG 7.5 wouldn't install cause it was out of date.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hello tiaralynn08,

You have another thread about the same issue here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148335/what-virusspyware-do-you-reccommend/ Posting more than one topic is called double-posting and is not allowed on this board. No harm done, just wanted to let you know. The reason is that posting multiple topics about the same issue confuses things for both the helpers and the one being helped.

To avoid further confusion, I am closing this topic. Please keep replies about this issue to the other topic which will remain open.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users