Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Installing Framework

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hutchy1970

hutchy1970

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

hi wonder if anyone can help im trying to get catalyst display driver for my girls pc that i brought second hand but when i try to download this half way through it says i need to get framework1.1 i think it says to carry on so i do that and then framework gets so far then says AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE WINDOWS INSTALLER WAS INITALIZING SET UP WILL NOW CLOSE ! tried this several times and same happens any ideas anyone ? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:53 PM

What version of Windows Explorer are you using? I think Net Frameworks 1.1 will not install on any version less than 5 but I may be wrong...Is there any error code number to go along with the message?
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 hutchy1970

hutchy1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

im using the latest version 7 and no no error code ? thanks for yr reply btw

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

Is there any version of frameworks showing in the Add/Remove box in the Control Panel? If there are try un-installing them and then re-install the one that you want...You may have to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility that is explained and can be downloaded here to remove all of it's components aside from the normal Add/Remove function.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

#5 hutchy1970

hutchy1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

thanks just checked on her pc and it has version 1 on it so will remove it and do as u instructed and let u no how i get on

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

What ATI card/chip is installed in the system?

Normally, the ATI site has the correct version of MS.NET and the driver packages which need to be installed (in order) for any card.

I have an AIW 9600 and a 7500.

Manufacturer and model of computer?

Louis

#7 hutchy1970

hutchy1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

managed to install framework on pc had to install version 2 and worked but the pc still has no sound ! or was that driver for a diffrent thnig??? sorry to be so dumb

#8 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

Download 3.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Download 2.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

#9 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:33 AM

OK, I guess that I'm a little confused...You had a problem originally trying to install frameworks 1.1...You were able to install frameworks 2...Didn't fix the sound problem??? Your original post mentioned "catalyst display driver"??? Maybe it would help to describe in a little more detail on what you need to fix.

#10 hutchy1970

hutchy1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

sorry douglas i did have a prob with framework but removed a old version from pc and installed version in order to get catalyst display driver thats all sorted i think now installed but there is still a prob of no sound from pc keep getting error message from windows media player saying check drivers could of been removed ?

#11 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

I would go to the device manager (Start>Run> type devmgmt.msc), Click on "View tab, Click on "Show Hidden Devices", Cursor down to "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers", Click on "+" to open...Check for any of these !, X, or ?... If there are any conflicts (any of the symbols !, X, or ?) double-click it to open...Click on Drivers tab and choose to either Roll Back or Update...You can also Un-Install and then re-boot to let Windows find it for you...

You can also go to the Manufacturers website and download the drivers...You must know the make and model and even the service tag to get original drivers or even updated ones (to a certain extent) to get your sound back (providing of course that you don't have a hardware problem)...If you download Drivers from the manufacturer just follow the instructions on the download page for installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users