Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Definitely Infected And Need Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 saika

saika

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

I was recently infected by a win32.agent, a vundo, a nuwar worm, and many other things. I thought I could fix it, but it got bad, and fast. I don't know what I did, but I have lost usage of my mouse and keyboard and all of my USB ports. I don't know if it was something that I did or if it was part of the virus? Also, the mouse and keyboard work before Windows starts, so I can enter the BIOS and setup and all of that. Please if there is anything anyone can do to maybe restore my USB ports so I can post a HJT log and clean this infection.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saika

saika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Is there nothing I can do? I am running Windows XP by the way

#3 saika

saika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

I guess with 30 views and not 1 reply I am pretty screwed then.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

What is your Operating system and what tools have you run so far?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 saika

saika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Windows XP, superantispyware, combofix(like an idiot)

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

You did see this above in the blue type.... "ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer."
Have you tried a reair install from you CD?
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 saika

saika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

yes i found this site after the fact, i saw a combofix thread at another one...i know im an idiot. i dont have a cd, im sure a repair might get me back in but if i dont have a cd what can i do?

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:47 AM

as you do not have a computer cd with its licence key ,may one ask from where you got the computer ?

also; I guess you were trying to follow instructions given to someone else on another site? this is NOT good practice as each and every computer is different and you can wreck YOUR computer by following instructions given to someone else

we all live and learn...often the hard way too :thumbsup:

#9 saika

saika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

i have a dell, and i dont even think it came with a cd for windows xp. there was a dell repair partition but its corrupted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users