Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Find Out How To Secure Network/internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CrashOverride

CrashOverride

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

Hello all,

Im new here, just joined, and i already have a problem lol.

Im not exactly a computer know it all but i have a good idea of how do use them.

I wish to know how to secure my network, if anyone else out there has a ps3 then you might notice that when you set it up for a wireless connection it tells you the security and mine says "none" I am running on windows 2000 professional OS (shame on me lol) and the device that connects my computer to the router is called Sitecom Wireless Network USB adapter Turbo G WL-172 ( at 802.11 bg WLAN) if thats relevent. My router is a ZyXEL p- 600 series.

Now i was recntly sent some form of malware and that same day i had installed an update for the OS, and i couldnt shutdown properly so i had to hold in the button (hard shutdown i think its called) and when i rebooted my desktop didnt load at all! not even the start button. (probably a problem with the new update and malware)

anyway its all ok now but the thing is i still dont have an antivirus lol i need a good temperary one i can downlad for free for a while til my bro gets a better one from work. so if anyone knows a good one that would be most appreciated.

Right so, anyhelp on securing the network would be nice! If anyone needs any more information just let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users