Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dmbRedGetta

dmbRedGetta

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hey everybody! I've been on this forum numerous times before looking for help but I've always been able to find answers without having to register (you guys are great!). But, you guessed it, I've hit something I can't fix on my own.

Just as a little overview: I'm a fairly recent college grad and I've been working as a computer programmer for the same company for the last 6 1/2 years (all through college). It's what I love to do. However, since I work with computers all day my friends and family think I know everything, and they come to me every time their computer acts up (which is adware/viruses about 95% of the time). Most often they just get the annoying popups and things that are pretty easy to nail (just time consuming), especially with Google and sites like this where I can learn from others.

So hopefully I won't be bugging you all very much, and maybe I can even chime in with some help once in a while. Thanks for all the help so far!

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

Welcome to BC Matt. :thumbsup:
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

I am sure our Members can help you with your malware problem.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users