Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Stop: 0x0000008e

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VinnyC

VinnyC

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

after windows startup i get this BSOD message

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for any Bios updates. Disable Bios memory options such as cashing or shodowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

***Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x808907CB, 0xEB380C7C, 0x00000000)

what should i do to fix this ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:27 AM

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 VinnyC

VinnyC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols.

Non of that, everything is cool with device drivers. any more ideas ??

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hi,
1)Quick question: Are you having any promblems with your computer lately or are you just getting BSODs.
2)I would like you to run some online scans and see what they pick up:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

HERE's some info on BSODs.

3)Go to Event Viewer and see if there is any more error's that occured and post back the results. Look in all 4 catogories.
A tutorial on Event Viewer can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 VinnyC

VinnyC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hi,
1)Quick question: Are you having any promblems with your computer lately or are you just getting BSODs.
2)I would like you to run some online scans and see what they pick up:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

HERE's some info on BSODs.

3)Go to Event Viewer and see if there is any more error's that occured and post back the results. Look in all 4 catogories.
A tutorial on Event Viewer can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

With Regards,
Extremeboy

hey man thanks for the reply, well im doing the online virus scan with "TREND MICR" right now and about even viewer how do i know wich errors are linked to the BSOD i had ????? i can give you HJT startup list and the results from the Virus scan if you want......

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hi,
For the Event Viewer it doesn't matter if it's related to the BSOD or not just post any errors so I can take a look at.
Please don't give me a HJT start up list. It's not that I don't want to help you its because I am not allowed for now. yes please post back the results for the Virus scan.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#7 VinnyC

VinnyC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi,
For the Event Viewer it doesn't matter if it's related to the BSOD or not just post any errors so I can take a look at.
Please don't give me a HJT start up list. It's not that I don't want to help you its because I am not allowed for now. yes please post back the results for the Virus scan.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

ok i understand about the HJT sitiation... this is the Panda online scan log

before i post it, this file "panda online scan" was unable to delete.... dont know why

1. D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Desktop\Combo...ix.exe[327882R2FWJFW\NirCmdC.cfexe]

and this is the LOG

;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ANALYSIS: 2008-05-23 23:41:08
PROTECTIONS: 0
MALWARE: 32
SUSPECTS: 0
;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
00139059 Cookie/Traffic Marketplace TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@trafficmp[1].txt
00139060 Cookie/Casalemedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
00139060 Cookie/Casalemedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
00139061 Cookie/Doubleclick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
00139064 Cookie/Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@atdmt[2].txt
00139064 Cookie/Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
00145457 Cookie/FastClick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.fastclick.net/]
00145457 Cookie/FastClick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.fastclick.net/]
00145731 Cookie/Tribalfusion TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@tribalfusion[1].txt
00145731 Cookie/Tribalfusion TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
00145731 Cookie/Tribalfusion TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
00145738 Cookie/Mediaplex TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
00159564 Cookie/WUpd TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@revenue[1].txt
00167647 Cookie/Yadro TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.yadro.ru/]
00167647 Cookie/Yadro TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.yadro.ru/]
00167647 Cookie/Yadro TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@yadro[2].txt
00168056 Cookie/YieldManager TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
00168056 Cookie/YieldManager TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
00168061 Cookie/Apmebf TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.apmebf.com/]
00168090 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
00168090 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
00168090 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@serving-sys[2].txt
00168093 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@bs.serving-sys[1].txt
00168093 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.bs.serving-sys.com/]
00169190 Cookie/Advertising TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
00169190 Cookie/Advertising TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
00169190 Cookie/Advertising TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@advertising[2].txt
00170304 Cookie/WebtrendsLive TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[statse.webtrendslive.com/]
00170495 Cookie/PointRoll TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
00170495 Cookie/PointRoll TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
00170495 Cookie/PointRoll TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@ads.pointroll[1].txt
00170554 Cookie/Overture TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@overture[1].txt
00170556 Cookie/RealMedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@realmedia[1].txt
00170556 Cookie/RealMedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
00170556 Cookie/RealMedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
00171982 Cookie/QuestionMarket TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@questionmarket[2].txt
00171982 Cookie/QuestionMarket TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
00171982 Cookie/QuestionMarket TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
00172221 Cookie/Zedo TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.zedo.com/]
00172221 Cookie/Zedo TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.zedo.com/]
00173520 Cookie/Bluestreak TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.bluestreak.com/]
00173992 Cookie/Zedo TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.c5.zedo.com/]
00184846 Cookie/Adrevolver TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.adrevolver.com/]
00184846 Cookie/Adrevolver TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.adrevolver.com/]
00191644 Cookie/adultfriendfinder TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.adultfriendfinder.com/]
00191644 Cookie/adultfriendfinder TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.adultfriendfinder.com/]
00199984 Cookie/Searchportal TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@searchportal.information[1].txt
00207338 Cookie/Target TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@target[1].txt
00262020 Cookie/Atwola TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@atwola[1].txt
00323634 HackTool/Aircrack HackTools No 0 No No F:\My Programs\wifi_keyfinder_CW.rar[wifi_keyfinder\aircrack-ng-0.6.2-win\bin\airodump-ng.exe]
00325830 Cookie/Bridgetrack TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Cookies\om3ga@citi.bridgetrack[1].txt
01176994 Bck/VB.XB Virus/Trojan No 0 No No D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Desktop\ComboFix.exe[327882R2FWJFW\NirCmdC.cfexe]
01606636 Cookie/Adserver TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lz5xhehv.default\cookies.txt[.adserver.easyad.info/]
02916589 Application/PassRock HackTools No 0 Yes No F:\keyfinder.exe
SUSPECTS
Sent Location ,v@ 
VULNERABILITIES
Id Severity Description ,v@ 
182048 HIGH MS07-069 ,v@ 
176382 HIGH MS07-057 ,v@ 
170906 HIGH MS07-045 ,v@ 
170904 HIGH MS07-043 ,v@ 
164913 HIGH MS07-033 ,v@ 
160623 HIGH MS07-027 ,v@ 

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

Just FYI - we don't allow HJT logfiles except in the HJT forum because it's too dangerous a tool to use casually.
If we find a HJT log outside of the HJT forums, we move it to the Misplaced Logs forum until the poster posts properly in the HJT forum.

I would submit these files to http://virusscan.jotti.org to confirm if they are viruses (there's a Browse button there for uploading):
D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Desktop\ComboFix.exe[327882R2FWJFW\NirCmdC.cfexe]
F:\keyfinder.exe

As for the Event Viewer events - You'll look for things happening around the time that the BSOD occurs. They'll usually be in the System log, but you'll occasionally find related events in the Application or Security log files. And, it's not just the BSOD itself that you're looking for, but also for Errors and Warnings that lead up to the BSOD
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 VinnyC

VinnyC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Just FYI - we don't allow HJT logfiles except in the HJT forum because it's too dangerous a tool to use casually.
If we find a HJT log outside of the HJT forums, we move it to the Misplaced Logs forum until the poster posts properly in the HJT forum.

I would submit these files to http://virusscan.jotti.org to confirm if they are viruses (there's a Browse button there for uploading):
D:\Documents and Settings\OM3GA\Desktop\ComboFix.exe[327882R2FWJFW\NirCmdC.cfexe]
F:\keyfinder.exe

As for the Event Viewer events - You'll look for things happening around the time that the BSOD occurs. They'll usually be in the System log, but you'll occasionally find related events in the Application or Security log files. And, it's not just the BSOD itself that you're looking for, but also for Errors and Warnings that lead up to the BSOD

OK thanks for the TIP :thumbsup: . well since i was having too many problems with this situation my conclusion was that this was caused by services from 3rd party applications, so what i did was, restarted in safe mode and started uninstalling programs that i knew that were always running in the background, and that solved my problem.

thankz for the help guys !!!! :flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by VinnyC, 24 May 2008 - 01:53 PM.

#10 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

Great Job :thumbsup:
Glad that your promblem was fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users