Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My New Comp Display Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 favre135

favre135

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

I recently built a new computer with a ASUS M2R32-MVP motherboard, Antec earthwatts EA380 380W psu, AMD Athlon X2 4450e, and an nvidia geforce 8500 GT which works fine since I am using it now on my other comp. The problem is when I start up my new pc that I just finished building, everything turns on, the mobo light turns green, the dvd drive can open/close and usb ports and fans and all that stuff work. The only problem I can see so far is I get no display on my monitor (All I want to see is the BIOS!!!). It seems to recognize that a cable is attached, but it just does not display anything. I thought it was the vid card at first, but after testing it on this comp right after, I figured out it wasn't. What could it be, and how can I fix it? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

Hi favre135, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Do you get any beeps from the motherboard when you turn it on?

Have you rechecked to be sure that your RAM and other peripherals are plugged in properly?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 favre135

favre135
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:40 PM

Hi, I do not get any beeps and am pretty sure I have everything hooked up properly.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

Check you user's manual to see what you should have for beep codes if it starts up properly, if I'm not mistaken you should have one beep to indicate a normal POST.

Is the PSU connector for the CPU connected?

What RAM (make and model) are you using? Do you have it populated properly?

It would be worth it at this point to try reinstalling the RAM modules and graphic card. Make sure that when you install the RAM that the clips pop into place.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 favre135

favre135
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 is the RAM I have. If I take out the HD, and DVD drive I do not get any beeps. I believe I have the PSU connecter for the psu connected, where would it be located? What do you mean by populated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users