Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Mce Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

I bought a compaq ... (i kno, big mistake)

the price included a product key for Media center edition 2005 and the os install

well... i dont like compaq or all the shiz they put on the pc

Now i want to extract all the windows setup files from the partition, along with drivers, and seperate them from the other programs that are in the install..

Can someone please assist me in this?

I know where the drivers and extra apps are, i just need to know what to pull, what scripts to mod, and what to leave...

Posted Image
the preinstalled apps are in apps the drivers are in drv

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,568 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hmmm...this might get you going, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c...overy+partition

Louis

#3 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

yep looked there, just basically want to know what files i can delete. This is media center edition, and i need to know what files are required.

and plus if you noticed from the pics, the apps that i do not want installed are inside the i386 folder

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 23 May 2008 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users