Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cleaning Computer Through Controlling Another's Desktop.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nerd0795

nerd0795

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

Please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area. I am new to this site.

Somebody I know has been exploited and it wanted to install winantispyware2008. The person ended up canceling it and it didn't install. They used (Avast! but it found nothing) SUPERantispyware Free and scanned. There was a trojan and ended up cleaning it out. The person is unsure if there is still viruses on the computer.

I would like to control that persons desktop to fix it easier. But I have a problem I don't know a good safe program that will let me do it. Without the person's computer I am controlling, controlling mine. (I have important files on my computer and I don't want to get the virus spreading to mine.)

I use Windows Vista Home Premium and Ubuntu 8.04 (Dual Boot)

The person that was infected uses Windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users