Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Crashes Each Time I Exit Skype

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tengal

Tengal

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

hi,
i've been having this strange error: explorer.exe often shuts down or crashes each time i exit skype from the task bar icon; everything from the window disappears... though the programs still work, i can't see anything unless i press ctrl + alt + del. I keep typing "run new task" then explorer.exe. but this gets kinda irritating and tedious.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hello Tengal.

First of all you will want to reintall Skype. This may solve the probem quickly and efficiently.

If after the reinstall this problem still occurs, please look in your Event Logs for errors relating to Skype or explorer.exe. If found, copy the whole error(s) (not the binary code though) back in your next reply. You can find a guide on using the Event Logs here.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 Tengal

Tengal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

Thanks Panda!
Will try it now, then do a few observations after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users