Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, I'm Really Excited About Becoming A Member!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pitbullonyourheelz

pitbullonyourheelz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Before I wrote this I looked around for the answer to my problem. Come to find out that I'm a novice at removing viruses. I usually use discretion when dl'ing something. I was a little drunk the other night from a friend's b-day party and did a DRUNK&DOWNLOAD! Oopsie. I now have the Vundo virus, I think. Heck, I had never heard of hijackthis before yesterday. I'll attempt to attach a log file in the correct forum. Would enjoy learning from this experience as much as possible. Look forward to being the helper instead of the helpee. Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Shello and bwellcome, in case you haven't fully recovered.(hope ya don't mind a little joke) :thumbsup:

Really tho thanks for joining. Might I suggest you post your Info ,operating system,Antivirus and spyware tools along with your symptoms in the AM I Infected section of the Security forum,before posting the HJT log. They are really busy right now and we may be able to help you clear this up there.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 pitbullonyourheelz

pitbullonyourheelz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

Will do, thank you sir.
Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

It is always much easier to catch a virus than it is to get rid of it.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 pitbullonyourheelz

pitbullonyourheelz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

Thank you John
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users