Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Movie Maker 6,quicktime

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mwja627

mwja627

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

Hello Everyone,
I am having a problem in Windows Vista. When ever I open movie maker 6 or quicktime and try to import a file my computer crashes.
here is the blue screen error
0x0000007f
0x0000008
0x0000000

here is the error message from the dump
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007f
BCP1: 00000008
BCP2: 803D3130
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052108-02.dmp
C:\Users\frank\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53882-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\frank\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8861.tmp.version.txt
=

I am running windows vista ultimate service pack 1.
I have avg anti virus software installed,adobe cs3, ulead. I do not have nero installed on my computer
please let me know if there is any other infomation that can help with the solution.
Thank You In Adavnce for all your help

Edited by mwja627, 22 May 2008 - 08:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

The first error message is most often caused by bad physical memory - but there's a lot of other things that could be causing it.

So, first try this free, bootable memory diagnostic: http://www.memtest86.com/
Let the test run for at least 3 passes (overnight is better). If you start getting errors you can stop the test.

Next, read this link on how to perform an analysis of the memory dump files: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
You'll find the dump files located in C:\Windows\Minidump (you may have to enable showing hidden files/folders)
Copy and paste the results of the analysis into your next post (as long as the memory diagnostic passes).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users