Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Appearance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

[size="4"]I custamized my windows and set everything the way I wanted it; color, font, ect but I can't seem to get the desktop icons to change to the color I have it set to? I tried restarting my computer and everything. which option in the appearance menu actually changes the desktop icons? and why can't I get it to change?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

Are you wanting to change the color of the icon or the color of the text? I have XP Home edition and I can change the font (size, style,bold,italic) but NOT the color of the font (the box is greyed out) using the themes and display functions in the Control Panel.

I'm not sure that you can do this without a third-party program. A couple of free ones are available:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000841.htm

If this isn't what you want maybe someone else will have other ideas.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

Hello,

Are you refering to a box around the text below the icon being a different colour? If so, you can make it disappear by right clicking on my computer then select properties select the advanced tab and press the settings button under the performance section, scroll down the list and make sure the 'use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop' is selected.
Regards,

Alan.

#4 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

I was refering to the color of the text. I'm not sure what i did but I got it to change to black which is what I wanted it,not white. thanks for your help,Tina

#5 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

Maybe a setting using High Contrast?

clik>> Choose a High Contrast Color Combination to Improve Screen Resolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users