Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Juan Completely Fixed, Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 genie606

genie606

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

Hi there,

My computer is infected withe ms juan virus and i have not found one single account anywhere online of someone actually fixing (removing) thisvirus 100%. Does anyone have any info that could me please? thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

Hi,

If you know that you are infected, please read this topic and follow the instructions to the letter. You will be preparing to recieve the proper guidance for removal of this malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Do not post any of the logs mentioned in this article here! They must be posted in the new thread that you will be creating using the article above.

Once this process is started Don't make ANY changes to your machine (unless suggested by them) as this will affect their ability to diagnose your problem.

Just be patient and follow their instructions...To the letter...Good Luck

Edited by garmanma, 22 May 2008 - 08:13 AM.
moved to more appropiate forum

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...043&hl=juan

every infection is unique so try to get help wherever to attack the problem

Edited by DaChew, 22 May 2008 - 08:56 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 genie606

genie606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

Thank you so much for the quick reply... i already stopped making any changes yesterday, i'll follow your lead and get back with info/results

#5 genie606

genie606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

I am considering formatting my c drive (for a number reasons, not just the ms juan virus) but i was wondering does anyone know if the ms juan virus would survive a formatting?

thanks for any help

#6 genie606

genie606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

An update on my MS Juan infection:

I have fixed it completely by following the HiJackthis recommendations. I really was getting desperate for a while, but it was all fixed in three very simple steps. I can't post the solution because I am not qualified, but just follow the HJT instructions and all will be well.

Thanks once again for everyone's help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users