Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Adapter Not Visible In Network Connections

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shortey364

Shortey364

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:51 AM

Computer Info:

Emachine T3065
CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP 3000+ Processor
QuantiSpeed™ Architecture operates at 2.167GHz
512KB L2 cache & 333MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® Vista Ultimate
Chipset: NVIDIA® nForce™2
Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manger (USB 2.0, Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce®4™ MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
Sound: nForce™ 6-channel Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

Having trouble connecting to the internet. Any network does not show. So can't view properties. Please help. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

Could it be disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default/safe values?
Can you try another network card (they're fairly cheap)?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

How do you reset the BIOS values?

Thanks!

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:09 AM

I believe that you press F2 as the system is first booting (for an eMachines). That'll take you to the setup screen and it should give prompts to reset to Default or Safe values.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

I'll try it. Thanks again! : )

#6 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

I tried pressing F2. But it took me to a setup window where I couldn't find where to reset to deafult values. It just gave me an option to check memory and which operating system to use.

Have any other ideas?

Thanks.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

The information about default values/setup can be buried anywhere in the BIOS - have a look through the various menus (usually there's a guide at the bototm of the screen on how to navigate through it) and see what you can find. Post back and we'll let you know if it's the correct setting that you've found. (also look for the network card in there to see if it's enabled - if you find that you can accomplish what we were trying to do that way).

#8 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Sounds good. I'll give it a try. Thanks! : )

#9 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

When I press F2 on startup, Windows takes me to the Windows Boot Manager. And it gives me the following instructions:

Choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a tool:
(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice, then press ENTER.)

Microsoft Windows Vista

To specify an advanced option for this choice, press F8.

Tools:

Windows Memory Diagnostic

ENTER=Choose TAB=Menu ESC=Cancel

What do I do from here?

Thanks!

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:15 AM

Most eMachines use F2 for the BIOS, although I wonder if that's the case here. I have no idea why the boot screen would come up for that.
Try repeatedly tapping the F2 key when the eMachines logo first shows up.
If that doesn't work, then try Tab or Del or F1

#11 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:24 AM

Will do. Thanks so much again. I really appreciate it.

: )

Cheers!

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

I found an eMachines yesterday where I had to hit F10 to get in the BIOS (and there was a selection item for the boot menu there also).

#13 Shortey364

Shortey364
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

DEL got me into the correct menu. I reset the BIOS values, but I don't know if it worked. Will let you know soon. Thanks!

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users