Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Manager, Cmd And Regedit Used By Another Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rysähti

Rysähti

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Hey all! I am new here, found this site searching my problem in google. Hoping you can help me. My task manager won't open and REGEDIT/CMD are "currently being used by another program". If you need any more info, please respond and I will be happy to give it. I am in dire need of help because I am not able to install a program for my guitar and that program is vital to me recording some tracks that my band mates across the state need.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

Assuming this is an XP Pc try the repair methods in this link.
Task Manager Has Been Disabled, How to Fix It?
If you need to use method 4,be sure to back up the registry first.

How to Back up Registry:
Go to Start » Run and type: regedit
Click OK.
On the left side, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
Go up to File » Export
Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
Choose to save it to C:\
Click save and then go to File » Exit.
Or you can download and use ERUNT a free tool.
Take a complete registry backup using ERUNT
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Rysähti

Rysähti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

Alright cool, everything is working. Thanks a ton!

Edited by Rysähti, 21 May 2008 - 10:34 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

You're welcome !! :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Rysähti

Rysähti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:00 PM

Also, I am now getting this error "An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes"

I had saw on another forum steps to take before posting... I ran SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Panda Activescan. I rebooted my computer and tried putting it back in "normal boot mode" and that is what came up.

P.s. I have the logs from all these programs if you need them. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Rysähti, 21 May 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

What sevice and what proceedure are you trying to use ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users